**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IXb - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm surprised at the trouble you had at the cowl. That's the one part of the nose I didn't have some trouble with. Looks like you have it pretty well whipped.

Ah well, as Andy said, probably a QC problem. Just before I left for camp, I decided to check the bottom piece to see if it was narrower as well. Nope, it's a bit too wide, but a couple of passes with a round file should sort it out. 5 more sleeps and home.

Geo

You may recall a page ago, the photo I showed of my upstairs modeling area being rendered unusable by SWMBO and that I had been banished to the basement to a 3'x2' flat surface. Well sir(s), I got home from camp yesterday morning and found that spot had been given away to one of my daughters friends who just moved away from her boyfriend. Now I have to hack and slash my way back into my modeling room. :oops:

Geo

Arrr! It be the right day for the hackin' and slashin' ! Get to it me hearty, and no prisoners. A Gold Doubloon to him who rescues the bench. Arrr !

Tunneled into my work table and did the final mud and sanding. One thing I haven't done before is washed my models before painting as I have never had a problem. However, on the last two models, I've had problems with the paint sticking.

001.JPG

002.JPG

My work bench showing the Arrow, a Dora, and a Mk.XV Seafire in various stages of disappointment. Under the clutter and not shown are Beurlings Mk.V and "Stocky" Edwards Kittyhawk.

003.JPG

Most of my builds and yes, I know they're dusty, but hey, I haven't been in here for over a year, and yes, I know there is lack of nose weight in the 262. Also shown is my hole-in-one golf ball.

004.JPG

Geo

At least you have a display shelf. Currently, my models reside out of sight inside old kitchen cabinets in my workshop. I'm looking at glass cabinets from IKEA though.

Aye looking the part :) but shes a bit naked, might need some clothes (paint ! :D )

Patience young Igor. First the nuisance colors Sky fuselage band and yellow leading edge recognition stripe. Three coats of white and the first of yellow shown. I'm using Citadel Yriel Yellow which I think is a pretty gosh darn close match to Ident. yellow/Trainer yellow. The blue tape is where I have to re-scribe the wing/fuselage join.

004.JPG

Geo

Looking good :) I have a similar process for Yellow, but I coat it with white, then the 2 shades of Tamiya Flat and Lemony yellow :D

Bottom and top greys on. This is the first time I have painted the top in one color. Usually I'll paint where the grey goes and then the green but that leaves ridges. Also, because of a fore-mentioned memory like a gold fish and A.D.D., I have three new Ocean Grey paint bottles. Greens on later but fighting some kind of flu so maybe not.

Geo

Thank you gents. Paint is on and the inevitable touch-ups begin. I made the green on the starboard wing too wide, so that will be the major work. On the port wing, I sneezed and dragged the green across the grey. :rolleyes:.

002.JPG
003.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back