**** DONE: 1/48 Walrus - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not alot to report but added hawse(?) to the front of the plane and removed a glob of plastic on the side of the fuse and did my own addition better than the orginal glob of plastic.

Attachments

• walrus 024 (800 x 600).jpg
    walrus 024 (800 x 600).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 82
THKs Wojtek ;) I have been in the shop already working letting some more carpenters glue dry ATTM.I also started laying down some of the Duck egg Blue last night.It seems I will have to paint the camo first,assemble the engine nacelle,attach and rig,pontoons onto the wings and rig.attach the lower wings and then the upper last.The rigging in small places(pontoons,above engine) is going to have to be line for one has to precise on the angle of the drill to make the wire work almost impossible but I am getting close.

Thks Fellas ;)

Last night taped of the canopy sprayed RAF interior green then hit another coat Sea Gray over the whole kit then Slate Grey hopefully tomorrow.I still have some clean up on the seams in the middle of the upper wing already worked it twice now but I gave her a good coating of thin SGlue this morning and hope the Slate grey lands in that area.I also hit the engine with MM non-buffing Silver this morning and the center of the prop.The engine ass. minus prop is the next attachment to the fuse then rig,pontoon next with rig then upper wing and rig.And yes Bill I might be the first across the line :) for my vacation starts when I punch tonight @10PM and a couple of Wisers Whiskey have ensued.Cheers Fellas

Attachments

• walrus 025 (900 x 675).jpg
    walrus 025 (900 x 675).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 64
  • walrus 026 (900 x 675).jpg
    walrus 026 (900 x 675).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 68
  • walrus 027 (900 x 675).jpg
    walrus 027 (900 x 675).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 70
Don't know if anyone has the answer but I was looking at the drawings in the instructions for the camo and noticed the engine looks torgue 5' maybe to right ? I know they did like a 2' on the Mustang? I thought? and something with the tail also ? so not out of the realm of things.

I have already posted about the engine offset of the Walrus... so here you are..

It was done in order to retain a balanced airflow over the tail surfaces. The short distance between the propeller shaft centre-line and aft fuselage top-decking led to the use of a small in diamater four-blade prop to take an adventage of the available power. The hub was thus only about ten feet from the intersection of the fin and the tailplane. Therefore the engine nacelle was angled to starboard what was more suitable solution in a low-speed aircraft than more common cambering of a fin and rudder.

253357.jpg

253358.jpg

Thks Wojtek :thumbright: so it looks 3'-5' was the offset of the whole engine nacelle thus offsetting engine.It looked on the plans with the kit engine only not the nacelle hope that Merit incorporated that :rolleyes:

And they Did ;)

Last edited:
I still got some touchups on the Duck Egg Blue nothing major.I started using blue tack on the fuse while it came out OK I freehanded the rest at 10-15psi with atleast a 50/50 mix came out just as good as the mask I think anyway and less hassle.

Attachments

• walrus 028 (900 x 675).jpg
    walrus 028 (900 x 675).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 81
  • walrus 029 (900 x 675).jpg
    walrus 029 (900 x 675).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 68
  • walrus 030 (900 x 675).jpg
    walrus 030 (900 x 675).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread

Back