**** DONE: 1/72 Blenheim Mk.IV - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Vic.......... I am rather chuffed with how it turned out.
Thanks guys for your comments and looking in.

The wheels. One side of the dub is molded in, the left wheel. The other side of the hub is a separate piece and is set too low. I didn't find out until I tried the gear legs and the tab wouldn't reach the hole. So I had to drill it out for a styrene rod, then drill the rod insert for the gear leg axle. I must say it worked!!!!!

Next the prop. It was broken in the box. Had a discussion with the seller that went awry. The prop should be a Ham Std, which is a different hub from the one in the kit. So I have taken one from my spares box and cut the blades off, the Blenheim has the opposite pitch on the blades. The drilled for a piece of wire and glued the kit blades on the HS hubs. I've got a couple of bits of square styrene stacked to space the blades for flat. I'll let it set up for the night.I can paint the wheels and legs and assemble to install.

Why oh why can't I build OOB??????????

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 20b.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 20b.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 78
  • GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 20a.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 20a.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
You have been used to building harder. slower, more precise :D it would be unusualy if you finished a build within a 3 day period with everything in place, speed of light, no issues hehehe :D that is why you can't build OOB ! :D

Looking great as usual :) very nice outcome on the props :D

Wouldn't be that bad if we were speed building out of the bl00dy box.
But then I've never claimed to be Really smart tho,
and I get so stuck on doing Davidson flown aircraft.......
I gotta Start with one and not stick a second one in!
Aha! Speed kills, my friend!
Wonderful sr-ratching as always, you are a one-armed wonder!

Nope, success.................. they did arrive. Two little beauties. Thanks.
Had to clean off my work bench....... Landlord coming for annual looksee.
Monday the mess will be back on the end of the table!
Here's what it looks like without my crap in place.

Attachments

• work bench clean.jpg
    work bench clean.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread

Back