**** DONE: 1/72 Blenheim Mk.IV - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bill, excellent job, i like detail cockpit, spanish expression "magnifico detallado". you are de master, shensei scracth

Yep, you'll definitely need a bigger case/cabinet Bill !
I've finally got around to getting some more, and, even with a total of five cabinets now, two of them large, double-fronted examples, I'll still need more in the future!

If I would stick to One per GB, I wouldn't be in this cabinet pickle. This one I made at work. Since I'm not working there and don't have access to a router table I'll have to settle for something else. I'm gonna make a corner cabinet for my big ones, and that should free up space for three 1/48ths for each biggee.

Like the 1/48th F4-C I picked up at the auction, it will be an Aussie version and I can give it to the HARS museum. I have two 1/48th Spitties in the cabinet I can take to HARS as well, both Aussie. The museum is oriented to displaying only RAAF. Then I'll just concentrate on Dvdsn flown planes. That's for another thread tho.

So I got my bench back, and I'm stuck inna rut! Mounting the main gear is the sh!ts. Not sure how to get it to stay in place. It's only mounted by a pin thru the top, where the gear pivots to retracted or extended. Don't know how they expected it to support the kit when gear is down. I'll have to think of some kind of tripod support. Just thinkin out loud.

My working bench!

Attachments

• real work bench.jpg
    real work bench.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 96
I suggested to SWMBO to move my crap upstairs to the laundry and she poopooed that sayin I'd have to be goin up and down the stairs too much, and I wouldn't be able to work on the bench when she is home. So it stays here.

I may have to finish the Lanc first. I've run into a stumblin block, the gear attachments. I gotta beefum up, and I may not have time to finish both. So back to the Lanc, then back on this one if I have time. I need to plan on how to continue.

While waiting on the mask set for the Lanc....... back on the Blenheim.

Because I don't read directions, or follow them very well, my wife will verify that last!!!!! Too willingly perhaps.

I stuffed up the install of the main gear. So I am having to rebuild to fit, Good thing I have a supply of styrene.
Annnnnd.... I lost the lens for the landing gear. Found a clump of clear on a sprue.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 21b.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 21b.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 69
  • GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 21a.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 21a.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Back