**** DONE: 1/72 Blenheim Mk.IV - Heavy Hitters II GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I understand Bill. It's a while since I moulded any resin, but the stuff I used to use was tan also, and another was an almost transparent amber colour. For future use, it might be worth looking around for other types - and I'l lbe looking for the 2 liter can I've hidden somewhere!

However........ further cogitation has come up with..... Making the mold!
If and when I can ever find a suitable resin, I can cast parts.
Just in case someone else wants the correct horiz stabs!!!!

Not doing much, but resting me old arm.
Difficult to get a good nights sleep.

When I had the left-nut problem, I slept in the recliner, just so I wouldn't roll over and cause pain. I know it's not quite the same problem, but it might help!

I been sleepin onna sofa so I can't roll, no recliner here....... boo
My mother in law has one that is electric, Ron used it, it stand you up. Annie said I could go over there to sleep at night. That went over real well with Constance!!!!!!!!

I did get one filed down and shaped. Here's the steps.
L to R. Block glued on, rough shape trimmed, filal profile transfered on and rough file, final shaping.

Now I rest!

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 11.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 11.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 76
That makes alot of sense Paul. A Kiwi bushman I read of did same after being hit in he chest by a log shooting out of a dam run, breaking his ribs. He bandaged them up and slept in a chair made from flour sacks for 6 weeks.

Great work here Bill, despite the shoulder. (wish you a speedy recovery mate!)

Great work Bill, and I hope you get some pain relief soon. I know exactly what it's like - haven't slept for over 48 hours, due to huge pain in locked left wrist.

That's a nice bit of shaping Bill and thanks for showing the steps. Now Hope the second one shapes up as well, for me getting an exact match would be a big problem.

Outstanding Bill, one wounded wing, amazing scratch, and five pages. I'm sitting here and I've got one wheel well taped up for painting. Sailor on, dude.

Geo

Just thought I would throw this one in.

To gauge the flatness and parallelness of the horiz atb I used the blades of my calipers and shined the light from the back. Any humps in the length would show light on either side. Then i would just file and sand them down till no light shined thru. Easy peasy.

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 12.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 12.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Back