**** DONE: 1/72 Blenheim Mk.IV - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK you old codger!! We hear ya.

b0227.gif

My turn next year!

Good on ya Bill, and great minds think alike! I do the same, just with a metal die, not calipers.

Yous guys are topps.
Got the bombs and canopy from Even yesterday, so i am hot to go.
This morn I am priming, correcting and scribing the tail and stabs. They are looking pretty good so far.

No worries. No real hurry. I've got some that can get me started on the table and stuff.

Hey Bill I just got a book from Hendon and it details Blenheim operations

Barry Davidsons account of July 6th, 1940

"I was with 18 squadron at West Raynham from July 4th to July 6th! My crew were SGT Gilmour and SGT Fisk - we were shot down after after bombing a new airfield. We had one 500lb bomb and two 250lbs. I had the C.O's plane.

We were hit after bombing at 1,800 feet, all the controls were out and we rolled over and dived, I reached the tail trimmed and it brought us out of the dive. We got to the coast and flew NW to England. Compass was gyrating, we were low and the cliffs came up on my left, which we thought was English - turned out we had made a circle and it was between Calais and Dunkirk - crash landed, still thinking in England, when the goons arrived on the scene. My flying time on Blenheims, including this trip, was just over 4 1/2 hours, great!

Spent the next five years as a PoW, mostly in Stalag-Luft III. At least we survived, which very few Blenheim Crews did."

That's cool, sounds like a personal account...... 4-1/2 hours, mot much was it.
Arm? I'm getting a bit on the glum side, lots of things coming down on me right now. Muscles are pretty tight and just an occasional "discomfort" pill.

Latest pic of the horiz stabs. finishing up okay. The seam on the right one is just that, styrene outboard and kit inboard. The left has a good coat of primer and seam and color variation does disappear. They're taking up a lot of time, but lookin allright.

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 14.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 14.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 71

Users who are viewing this thread

Back