**** DONE: 1/72 Blenheim Mk.IV - Heavy Hitters II GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff Bill!

My way of adding captions under the pics:

- Write the message and captions, add the pics (from camera ususally). The pic links will appear together after the message
- seperate the pic links (click after each and hit 'Enter' twice)
- select desired caption, hit 'Ctrl' + 'C' to copy, 'Del' to delete it from original place.
- click the cursor after the caption you want, 'Enter' to jump below it, then 'Ctrl' + 'V' to paste caption, and Bob's your aunty's live-in lover!

Believe me , if I can do that, anybody can...! :lol:

Evan, you lost me after "Write the message ..." !

One day I will figure out how to put text Under the photos.

It is quite easy to do. If you go to the Manage Attachments button and click this you will get a window for uploading files open. Browse your HDD for a file (picture) and then upload it. When your file is uploaded , hit the Insert Line button firstly and then the Done one.. Clicking on the Done button only , you cuause that a picture is attached to the post but you can't add any caption to it. The Insert Line one paste a link of your picture to the window where you usially write text of your post. Because it is a text too you can move it and put into the middle of any sentence. I hope it will help.

Today am going to do some of the horiz stab.

Just glued up a couple of slabs for each side. The kits part is 1.8mm thick, so I have cut 26mm squares of styrene. Two @ .75mm thick and one @ .5mm thick and glued them together. The thinnest in the middle. One glue up per side. I will cut the kit stabs at the outboard end of the trim tabs and replace the cut off pieces with the styrene pieces and shape to the drawing. I am hoping it works, if'n it don't I'll have to jump thru hoops to replace the whole part!

Then it's on to the vert stab and rudder. The leading edge has a bit of a hump to it. The back edge of the rudder needs a bit added and the bottom rear is a bit more pointed. I'll have the drawing shown with the finished tail.

I sailor on.

A lot of thought going into this one.

As I've said..... I am venturing into new territory, often, so I need to think things thru because of the lack of experience.

In the photos'

First is the three pieces of card glued up under pressure so there are no gaps inside.

Second;
a) trim lines, leading edge trimmed off about 1mm, diagonal trim was about 1.5mm at the top, vertical a is the parting line for the outboard shape to blend.
b) are scribe lines for the elevator and horiz stab.
c) is the inboard part to keep.
d) is the outboard part to fabricate and discard.
e) is the stack of three cards for the new end.
m) is the mating cuts. These Must be flat and true. The faces Have to be flat to mate properly and a jig Must be used to ensure these glue tight.

Next is to transfer the shape to the cards and trim...... I will have to let the glue set for at Least one full day to be cured!

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 10a.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 10a.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 59
  • GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 10b.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 10b.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 75
Yes I have Terry, but I have found the resin mix I get here gets old, and unusable. Turns sticky. Don't know what the problem is. The resin mix I used to get in the States was a tan, corn flakes, color. This stuff is white and sets kinda soft. The other was more rigid and was much better for shaping and sanding. Now if I had some of the tan stuff I would make a mold. That way if any others wanted correct tail feathers, I could whip up a couple in no time at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back