**** DONE: 1/72 Blenheim Mk.IV - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I understand Bill. It's a while since I moulded any resin, but the stuff I used to use was tan also, and another was an almost transparent amber colour. For future use, it might be worth looking around for other types - and I'l lbe looking for the 2 liter can I've hidden somewhere!

However........ further cogitation has come up with..... Making the mold!
If and when I can ever find a suitable resin, I can cast parts.
Just in case someone else wants the correct horiz stabs!!!!

Not doing much, but resting me old arm.
Difficult to get a good nights sleep.

When I had the left-nut problem, I slept in the recliner, just so I wouldn't roll over and cause pain. I know it's not quite the same problem, but it might help!

I been sleepin onna sofa so I can't roll, no recliner here....... boo
My mother in law has one that is electric, Ron used it, it stand you up. Annie said I could go over there to sleep at night. That went over real well with Constance!!!!!!!!

I did get one filed down and shaped. Here's the steps.
L to R. Block glued on, rough shape trimmed, filal profile transfered on and rough file, final shaping.

Now I rest!

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 11.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 79
That makes alot of sense Paul. A Kiwi bushman I read of did same after being hit in he chest by a log shooting out of a dam run, breaking his ribs. He bandaged them up and slept in a chair made from flour sacks for 6 weeks.

Great work here Bill, despite the shoulder. (wish you a speedy recovery mate!)

Great work Bill, and I hope you get some pain relief soon. I know exactly what it's like - haven't slept for over 48 hours, due to huge pain in locked left wrist.

That's a nice bit of shaping Bill and thanks for showing the steps. Now Hope the second one shapes up as well, for me getting an exact match would be a big problem.

Just thought I would throw this one in.

To gauge the flatness and parallelness of the horiz atb I used the blades of my calipers and shined the light from the back. Any humps in the length would show light on either side. Then i would just file and sand them down till no light shined thru. Easy peasy.

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 12.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread