**** DONE: 1/72 Lockheed P-38H Lightning - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I reckon you should fix that sweet Michael, especially as you have an identical kit for spares! :D

OMG Michael, a slight warp you say, that is horrendous and full credit to you having a go at fixing it with the spares you have.

Not that it is going to make you feel any better but I did hear that we had the coldest night ever recorded for July, -29C in the snow fields, and we had -5C here in the big capital.

Also correction Andy, the finish date is Sunday, 1st September, so you have some time up your sleeve Michael.

Damn me if you're not right Andy, I just clanked at my handy printed copy and not at the thread, so my apologies. BTW - Thread duly fixed.

Heck Michael, that warp is almost as bad as a Hippocroccofrog's Rs !
Must have been a real shock to discover that, but sounds like you're on the ball with the repairs.

so far pretty good. ive got the replacement tail assembly put together and sized to fit pretty snuggly. ive opted to paint the replacement part before joining it to the main part of the nodel, as i would otherwise risk damaging the decals, and as it is I only just have enough. Thie next bit is the hard bit....getting it to all come together as seamlessly as i can.

The following are the shots where i left off last night. not shown is tonites progress
Ive also to have a go at replacing the two daggy prop assmblies. I have two spares and what is curretly on the model is pretty poor. I will assemble the propeller sub assemblies, paint them, and them make a final decision once i see whether they are better than what I have now....

Attachments

• 102_2621.jpg
    102_2621.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 102_2622.jpg
    102_2622.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 66
well here are a couple of shots of where i got up tonite. i spent ages genetly sanding and filing to try and get as god a fit as i could, but still it needs a lot of bogging to hide the seam. The tail is straight however, which is somethig i guess....have a lot more to do yet though

Attachments

• 102_2623.jpg
    102_2623.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 102_2624.jpg
    102_2624.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 102_2625.jpg
    102_2625.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back