DONE: 1/72 Martin 139 Bomber, Netherlands East Indies AAC - Java Island, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vikingBerserker

Lieutenant General
Apr 10, 2009
South Carolina
Category 2, 1/72nd Williams Brother's Martin B-10B (Model 139W-H2 was the export version for the Dutch) flown with the Netherlands East Indies Air Corp on Java Island Feb 1942.

B10B.jpg

Glenn2520Martin2520B-10B_400x150.jpg

Martin139.jpg

Last edited:
It's interesting to build a modern model (my Brewster) at the same time as a model that is at least 40 years old (this one) as the quality is night and day (to be fair to Williams Brother's though it could have just been the era this was made and not the company itself).

Just an example, here is a copy of the ENTIRE instruction sheet:

B-10Instruct.jpg

It's actually taken me about a week to get to this point with all the sanding, painting (external colors are the color of the model itself), cursing, sanding etc etc:

B-10a.jpg

The main wings actually slide into the fuselage so they have a nice tight fit.

Tonight, I start the primer and 2nd round of putty.

Oddly this model had no guns so I've started scratch building 2 x .30 Cal (one for nose turrent and one for the rear cockpit).

VB I want to see this one definitily finished unusual subject and an oldie kit at that ;) Cheers Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back