DONE: 1/48 Brewster Buffalo, Netherlands East Indies AAC - Java Island, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Work has quieted down, so back to the fun stuff.

Model primered and puttied:

primerBB.jpg

Canopies masked:

canapies.jpg

This is by far the best putty job I have ever done, one of which was perfect after the first coat of primer was put on. It's still an area that I need more practice on but for me this was an accomplishment. I used Tester's Grey Putty, if anybody has a better recommendation please let me know.

Tamiya provided paint masks for the glass which really saved a lot of time. When I started I was not aware of the small window on the bottom of the plane - this actually took more time then the top one. Working on the Williams Brother's B-10 at the same time had really made me appreciate this model even more!

Tomorrow I start the main coats.

Ah progress. I didn't dare to ask but I was waiting for this ;) Just kidding Viking, just glad to see you back on track and doing so well :thumbright:

It's looking real good there VB.I almost bought one of these tonight from HobbyLobby @ $18 and remembered that bottom window(don't take this wrong) and the plane is Gawd awful ugly :D I put it back and walked with a 1/35 Tamiya Panther @ $24.Cheers Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back