DONE: 1/48 Brewster Buffalo, Netherlands East Indies AAC - Java Island, Group Build

Work has quieted down, so back to the fun stuff.

Model primered and puttied:

primerBB.jpg


Canopies masked:

canapies.jpg



This is by far the best putty job I have ever done, one of which was perfect after the first coat of primer was put on. It's still an area that I need more practice on but for me this was an accomplishment. I used Tester's Grey Putty, if anybody has a better recommendation please let me know.

Tamiya provided paint masks for the glass which really saved a lot of time. When I started I was not aware of the small window on the bottom of the plane - this actually took more time then the top one. Working on the Williams Brother's B-10 at the same time had really made me appreciate this model even more!

Tomorrow I start the main coats.
 
Ah progress. I didn't dare to ask but I was waiting for this ;) Just kidding Viking, just glad to see you back on track and doing so well :thumbright:
 
It's looking real good there VB.I almost bought one of these tonight from HobbyLobby @ $18 and remembered that bottom window(don't take this wrong) and the plane is Gawd awful ugly :D I put it back and walked with a 1/35 Tamiya Panther @ $24.Cheers Kevin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back