DONE: 1/48 Brewster Buffalo, Netherlands East Indies AAC - Java Island, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking forward to this as well, can't wait to see some piccies!..

Not to hijack the thread, but it's funny Marcel should mention the DXXI..I began a 3d model of one about three weeks ago, was forced to put it on the side burner for a bit, but am looking forward to getting back to it..
Not much to look at yet... jigged up and completed so far...

Attachments

• d21 jig.jpg
    d21 jig.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 113
  • d21 test 01.jpg
    d21 test 01.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 118
Looking forward to this as well, can't wait to see some piccies!..

Not to hijack the thread, but it's funny Marcel should mention the DXXI..I began a 3d model of one about three weeks ago, was forced to put it on the side burner for a bit, but am looking forward to getting back to it..
Not much to look at yet... jigged up and completed so far...

Hi James,

Maybe start a thread of your own about this project? I'll be happy to helpall I can.

Not your aircraft but these may help as well.

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 118
Interior finally done. Colors of knobs and such were a challenge due to the lack of color photos.

Interior1.jpg

Having been out of model building so long, I had totally forgotten the "trim the decals before using" - a lesson remembered the hard way.

interior2.jpg

thumb.jpg

The last pic was done with the help of a #1 X-Acto knife. I found that following this with a double scotch helped take the edge off of the "I-Told-You-So" comment from the wife.

You need to have the missus kiss it and make it better ! Or, as mother use to say, it will heal before you die....

The instrument panel looks good !

Charles

Looks good VB. You really shouldn't do that sort of thing to your finger, the blood makes a terrible mess of the model's detail, and it's SO difficult to correct!
Oh, and yeah, the cut tends to sting and itch a bit too!

I didn't know Buffaloes had flecks of red for the interior colors? :)

Can't wait to see this built. Have a soft spot for Buffaloes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back