DONE: 1/48 Brewster Buffalo, Netherlands East Indies AAC - Java Island, Group Build

Looking forward to this as well, can't wait to see some piccies!..

Not to hijack the thread, but it's funny Marcel should mention the DXXI..I began a 3d model of one about three weeks ago, was forced to put it on the side burner for a bit, but am looking forward to getting back to it..
Not much to look at yet... jigged up and completed so far...
 

Attachments

  • d21 jig.jpg
    d21 jig.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 183
  • d21 test 01.jpg
    d21 test 01.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 183
Looking forward to this as well, can't wait to see some piccies!..

Not to hijack the thread, but it's funny Marcel should mention the DXXI..I began a 3d model of one about three weeks ago, was forced to put it on the side burner for a bit, but am looking forward to getting back to it..
Not much to look at yet... jigged up and completed so far...

Hi James,

Maybe start a thread of your own about this project? I'll be happy to helpall I can.
 
Not your aircraft but these may help as well.
 

Attachments

  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 192
Interior finally done. Colors of knobs and such were a challenge due to the lack of color photos.

Interior1.jpg


Having been out of model building so long, I had totally forgotten the "trim the decals before using" - a lesson remembered the hard way.

interior2.jpg


thumb.jpg


The last pic was done with the help of a #1 X-Acto knife. I found that following this with a double scotch helped take the edge off of the "I-Told-You-So" comment from the wife.
 
You need to have the missus kiss it and make it better ! Or, as mother use to say, it will heal before you die....

The instrument panel looks good !

Charles
 
Looks good VB. You really shouldn't do that sort of thing to your finger, the blood makes a terrible mess of the model's detail, and it's SO difficult to correct!
Oh, and yeah, the cut tends to sting and itch a bit too!
 
I didn't know Buffaloes had flecks of red for the interior colors? :)

Can't wait to see this built. Have a soft spot for Buffaloes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back