**** DONE: 1/72 TA154aV-3 3th aircraft TE-FG W.Nr.100003 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

success the weight idea has worked and she is now sitting on her undercart properly for the 1st time,Vic i weighed the model 1st it worked out at 1/3rd of the weight of the model as the ballast you will need,using lead sheet i weighed out what i needed divided in 1/2 and then cut it into thin strips,these were folded with pliers and put into the engine nacelles forward but behind the engines firewalls holding it in place with tremco glazing tape[a gum type material similar to plasticine] ,a 1/72nd aircraft will need 30g,15g each side,also you will find the main legs will take time to locate correctly as they tend to try to drop back too far to the tail coursing the tail to sit too low,it took me 3 go's to get this right,hope that helps,

Bob

just had a short break and been busy at work over the weekend and should be able to post some more pics showing progress so far later today,i have a few more rare kits that fall in this build group, how many can you enter in one time please,

cheers Bob

Glad the weights worked out Bob. Thanks for the details too, will refer back to this when I do my own.

bob866-1.jpg

bob868-1.jpg

bob869.jpg

bob870.jpg

bob871.jpg

bob872.jpg

bob873.jpg

bob883.jpg

progress so far more pics to follow once i get time to download them from my phone

Knock, Knock!

Who's there?

Amos.

Amos who?

A moskito.

Seriously... Coming along nicely.

David.

bob890.jpg

i'm going to have to stop for a couple of days as the walls are being knocked through at home into the new extention but should be back at my little projects in the next week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back