**** DONE: Bf109F-2/U 'Special' - Adolf Galland - Aircraft of the Aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm sure there will be a couple of eyes rolled and a some chuckles at this question, but I've never built or researched any German aircraft. What is the wheel-looking device in the cockpit?

No rolling eyes here. Airframes was slightly more than half correct. One wheel was the flap control,four turns to lower them completely. The other wheel did indeed trim the tailplane as described. By turning both together a pilot could compensate for the change in trim caused by lowering (or raising) the flaps. It was a feature admired by British pilots at the R.A.E. who flew the Bf109.
Cheers
Steve

Looking good Wayne how did you cut the decal's.

Cut them out individually or in pairs depending on how i want to apply them...then go for it, more added today.

The trick is BE Patient and only do a few at a time on different areas so you don't mess one up applying another to close.

Attachments

• Instrument Panel_3_6132.jpg
    Instrument Panel_3_6132.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 167
I'll just add to that last post. I think the confusion and wrong identification of one of the wheels as an emergency undercarriage wheel stems from no less an authority than Flight Magazine (5/2/42) who make the same mistake in their sketch of the cockpit layout of an Emil.
Cheers
Steve

Thanks fellas, those victories will fit just fine Gerry!

Bruce, just remember take it slow and careful, alternatively remove the raised detail carefully and then use the decals! :)

Now, I have finished my dials...will flat coat the panel on Sunday then a bit of simple hilighting and finally a drop of gloss to each dial.

Attachments

• Instrument Panel decals_6157.jpg
    Instrument Panel decals_6157.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Looking great Wayne.
Steve, I agree re the wheels. However, I have also been told many years ago, by a former 'Emil' pilot, that this is what they were. As the 'Emil' did not have controllable tail trim tabs, being fixed, with the ability to adjust on the ground only, it makes sense maybe ?

I'll just add to that last post. I think the confusion and wrong identification of one of the wheels as an emergency undercarriage wheel stems from no less an authority than Flight Magazine (5/2/42) who make the same mistake in their sketch of the cockpit layout of an Emil.
Cheers
Steve
I've got about 30-ish of yellowed Eagle/Beno/Dandy WW2 Aircraft cutaways pics from a house clearence in 87' dating fromthe at least the 50's if not earlier - most of descriptions and pics reproduced in them are from Flight Magazine's 40's era. The Bf109 one is called 'M.E.109 "Germanies No.1 Fighter-Scout'" it seems to depict an F model.

Liking the progression Wayne :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back