DONE: F4U-1A of Lt. Bill Case of VMF-214, Group Build...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry Dan i've not got any cockpit pics but i've got a couple of colour engine pics i could post when i'm next on my home computer if they would help you when you come to do that bit

I think I might have a couple of cockpit shots in B&W Dan, and I'm sure there's some in the Kagero book I sent on CD.
That weathering wash is good, the women in my town use it as make-up - it helps make them look less scary!!

Dan, forget my B&W cockpit shot. Have a look at Bentwings.com
At the top right of the home page, there's a box for the restoration of their Goodyear FG1D Corsair. Click on that and take a gander at the various photo-page sections. They've got everything from the airframe re-build, through the cockpit, to the finished bird - all in colour! Should prove at least a trifle useful I would think....

these are all from Osprey's modelling the F4U corsair
hope they are of use Dan

Attachments

• Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 122
  • Project1a.jpg
    Project1a.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Project1b.jpg
    Project1b.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Project1c.jpg
    Project1c.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 123
Hej Dan,

I read the thread with my growing interest.I must admit that it can be your next wonderful model.Possible I can add a model Corsair of VMF214 to my projects as well.It would be interesting to see both "big" and "small" brothers standing next to.

Here you are these FS and Testor ( Model Master ) paint numbers , notice please that the ANA 606 and ANA 607 are the same but the difference is that ANA 606 is semi matt but ANA 607 matt finish only.:

ANA 606 Semi-Gloss Sea Blue FS 35042 - MM 1717
ANA 607 Non-Specular Sea Blue FS 25042 - MM 1717
ANA 608 Non-Specular Intermediate Blue FS 35164 - MM 1720

Also I include the Corsair cockpit shot.Source unknown.I attached the smaller pic and the zip file with bigger one.

Attachments

• corsair cockpit_.jpg
    corsair cockpit_.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 148
  • corsair cockpit.zip
    359.4 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back