Done : Fw190D-9 ll> Stab./JG2 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Catch

you can trust EE for profile interpretation as well as their decals. in the first volume of the Dora these are covered in great detail. get their decals. of note and I am no expert on camo but the JG 301 Doras are quite different in camo than JG 2's, JG 26, JG 4. - where the greys are a strong point. JG 301 has a predominance of deep green over the cowling and along the ridge-spine up to the tail mixed with brown-violet if you would see some decent profile work it becomes very apparent.

Sounds intersting Catch, but I got the red cross as well, couldn't open your final pic. BTW, Nibel's machine, with the earlier 'flat' canopy, wasn't based in Belgium, it belly-landed in Belgium on Jan 1 1945, after being hit during Bodenplatte. Far as I know, the decals/markings are based on pics of the belly-landed aircraft.

Ah k, thanks guys!

I'll re-host the picture and post it again.

Erich: I think the decals are fine for the JG 2 bird, except for the bands which are easy to circumvent. I do not have a Werknummer however. I do trust EE, I just couldn't find a better picture of their decals.

Njaco: I will take a look at the traders and see.

Terry: So Nibel's bird still wouldn't be defence of the Reich?

2_26_b1.jpg

I think I've made a choice in regards to what planes I'm NOT doing. Yellow 15 is out, as is Black 12. So that really leaves it down to ||> and another almost identical ||> I've found. The thing about this new second one is I can find pictures of it easier, as I have it in a book and I've seen somebody do a Hasegawa Dora in that scheme, and it's really sharp. The big reason though is I already have the decals needed, save for the Werknummer, so I don't know what I'd do there. Also, the swastikas and black crosses are faded, how would I go about doing that with my decals? Or should I try to find a stencil and paint them? I'm also sure I'll be able to find/paint the numbers on the tail.

Here is the build I'm talking about, by Chris Wauchop:

Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 by Chris Wauchop (Hasegawa 1/32)

fw190d932cw_11.jpg

Cory, there are definitely TWO Stab/JG2 aircraft with the II> markings.

The one you have just posted was shot down 1st Jan 45 while the second was found belly landed at the end of the war.

The first was W.Nr 210194 with Large Black fuselage crosses and Stab markings, while the second aircraft is a 600.XXX series aircraft with smaller white Fuselage Crosses. The Stab marking is also slightly smaller as depicted in your decals.

Oh I see it now, I never noticed that before! Well, that settles that haha. I would like to do this one out of box, as I'm sure I'll be throttled by my mom if I spend anything more on models! :lol:

Ok, so the SECOND plane, the one that comes with my model, will be the one I'm doing. From what I can see from the LQ picture of the EE decals I posted, the side markings seem accurate, though the side cross black may be a little dark. What's eating at me though is if the colours are right in the instructions, as you guys have already told me, there are already some stuff wrong with them. Would anybody be able to tell me if these colours are right?

dorainstructions.jpg

The undersides/sides are listed as Lichtblau, which I would assume is correct.

The darker topside colour is listed as Grauviolett.

The lighter topside colour is listed as Dunkelgrün.

Cory, there are a lot of pics of this aircraft, I will post some for your reference after I get home from work tonight,will review camo as well, only just started work, if you need some decals for corrections I can do this too.
The fuselage cross should be white outline only with camo colour filling in the cross.

Here you are a pic of the shot down D-9 Werk Nummer 210194.
In addition, in a profile I have found recently the machine has white number 41 on the rudder.But I'm not sure if it is correct.

Attachments

• FW190D9_IJG2_Wk Nr 210194_1945.jpg
    FW190D9_IJG2_Wk Nr 210194_1945.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 77
So it is OK Cory.I haven't had a scanner device so I didn't post the profile and as a result I posted the B&W pic only.

No problem.I found this quite old profile of 210194 from side view.

Attachments

• Fw190D9_4JG2_Wnr210194_1945.jpg
    Fw190D9_4JG2_Wnr210194_1945.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 64
Yes these crosses seem to be painted with RLM75 but Im not convinced fully.Look at the pic I found.It is of better quality , the white number 41 is clearly visible on the rudder.Also I found a profile of better quality.In addition I found a pic af the second machins of the Stab JG2.The difference is clearly visible.Also notice please that the second Dora had the late cockpit conopy.
Source...Jagdwaffe vol.5 Defending the Reich 1944-45.

Also attached the next old profile as the first pic.I think it should have showed rater the second Dora because of the cockpit conopy.But the <II sign is at incorrect place.

Attachments

• Fw190D9_4JG2_Wnr210194_1945_1.jpg
    Fw190D9_4JG2_Wnr210194_1945_1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Fw190D9_4JG2_Wnr210194_1945_2.jpg
    Fw190D9_4JG2_Wnr210194_1945_2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Fw190D9_4JG2_Wnr210194_1945_3.jpg
    Fw190D9_4JG2_Wnr210194_1945_3.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Fw190D9_StabJG2_1945_.jpg
    Fw190D9_StabJG2_1945_.jpg