Done : Fw190D-9 ll> Stab./JG2 Gruppe Build

Maybe you need to strain the paint through a piece of one of Mum's old stockings or panty hose?

That's not the problem Wayne, there was a lot of Kleenex dust on it, but it appears that only one spot got it badly, but I'll be able to cover that up with exhaust.

EDIT: Thanks for changing the title Les, but Hohenberg never flew this plane, he flew the second Stab plane. Everything else is good though.
 
Do u have a pilot name for the crate ur doin then, or just take out the name and leave it there???

Pilot is unknown.....as the aircraft had belly landed and been abandoned long before the pics were taken, unless the right records can be sourced then we will never know....
 
No pics tonight, sorry guys. I can't really touch it as it's still wet.

When painting the cross, we may have done more harm than good, as it may (well, probably) have bled, but I won't know until tomorrow.
 
Thanks guys!
 
Cory, if ur getting bleedthrough, u need to check a couple of things.... Ur layers of spray coats should be dustings, not puddleings... Keep a distance away from the surface when spraying, the layers will build up... Also, start form the tape edge and work tot he middle, kinda seal up the tape edge with ur first application.... KEEP IT LIGHT!!! Learn from my mistakes, and ur own..

Hopefully u'll be alright when u take the tape off...
 
Thanks Dan. What happened was I think the paint was too thin, and with it being on the sides of the aircraft, gravity messed with it. I touched it up the best I could, I'm gonna go finish anything I have to before the first gloss coat, then I'll take some pics.
 
F**K!!!!!!!!!

I was applying the right side ||> and the micro-sol looked like it was just messing the decal up, so I tried to flatted it out.

And proceeded to tear the top part of the > off and fold the rest onto itself. Unsaveable!
 
Oh ...You have made a big mistake, I'm afraid.I have alerady repeated it twice.Modelling is not a bakery.The MicroSol liquid works exactly in that way.Decals treated with it seem to be corrugated initially but later these get flatting themself and all is fine.Simply there is a need to wait some time and let the liquid working.
 
Yeah, that's the thing. It was my own stupidity! I know that you have to wait as I've used it before, but for some reason I got impatient and shazam, ruined. If it was a swastika or something I could manage.
 
Yea, I almost did the same thing while they were drying... Im glad I left em alone....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back