Done : Fw190D-9 ll> Stab./JG2 Gruppe Build (1 Viewer)

Thank you sir, I was unable to spray yesterday, but I don't have any clear varnish around, but I do remember a method I used a little while back that should work.
 
Well, I came home today, ready to sand that seam a bit as I didn't have time to, and my dad had painted the white for me. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was gonna sand it down, so there is a bit of a seam there. There aren't any pictures to take really, as he also taped it up in preparation for the Lichtblau, that maybe will get on tonight.
 
So it's in the blood then Cory, eh ?! :smile:
 
A4K: Yeah, I got it from him, that's for sure.

Wayne: He's actually way better at using the airbrush than me, so when I say "I" spray things, it's actually a a "we". I'm still the one physically spraying it, but he's always there to help.
 
That's a good point. But as for building, he just usually doesn't have time. He's got a 1/32 Bf 110 to build, but hasn't had the time to do it with all his shift work. Now that he's out of SWAT and has more regular shifts he may be able to though.
 
Went out to spray the Lichtblau, and it was spraying really thinly on, so we used less thinner. Still didn't help, and it looked bumpy. After being on for a few seconds the paint actually started to separate, even without any thinner mixed in, so we've got a bad bottle of paint, and residue from the multiple attempts to paint it, so we'll have to see how it turns out.
 
Oh No! Sounds like Tel's 'paint disease' has spread across the pond!
CNN News Flash - 'Bad paint epidemic hits modellers Worldwide- many crushed in rush to hobby shops.'
Hope you get it right mate, cos boy, do I know the feeling!
 
You find all kinds of emoticons!
 
Actually rochie, I did! It turns out it was really too cold (0C though, so I dunno), and it went on great today. There's more crap in the paint than usual though!

Maybe you need to strain the paint through a piece of one of Mum's old stockings or panty hose?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back