**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Macchi C.202 Folgore - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Slow going, too many work and other commitments! Have made a start on the camo though. The pattern was marked out with a green pencil and sprayed freehand Verde Mimetico 2 using Gunze H302. I thinned the paint roughly 40:60 paint:thinner and carefully sprayed with the 0.2mm nozzle using my Badger Krome. It's fairly slow going but is working out the way I want so far I think.

camo a web.jpg

I also started work on the prop and spinner assembly with some preshading. I used a fairly diffuse pattern as the spinner will be white.

spinner preshade web.jpg

The props and spinner were painted, given a Pledge gloss coat and decals applied to the props.

prop and spinner web.jpg

It was about this time that I came across this picture showing the wear on the back of the prop.

378 folgore b.jpg

So the back of the prop will need to be redone! I stripped the paint with a cotton wool bud moistened with IPA.

prop stripped web.jpg

It's a shame I didn't have an enamel aluminium coat underneath as the stripping actually gave a passable wear effect which could be refined with a bit of care. Hmm, might file that away for future reference...

Will continue with the camo and next steps in producing the wear effect on the back of the prop. Thanks for following along :thumbleft:

Nice job on the camo. When I saw that you used a .2mm nozzle I was curious as to what I was using. SONOVA*&%$^...all this time I've been using two fine tip nozzles, I thought the grey one was for general painting. It's the blue one so this should speed things up a bit

SONOVA*&%$^...all this time I've been using two fine tip nozzles

Must've been slow going on your basecoats Geo! :eek:

Looking good Kirby. I mentioned the worn prop blades back in post 213.

I suppose you could do with an extension to the GB date? It finishes Sunday.

Yeah, I know Andy. I painted the prop and spinner ages ago but hadn't got around to posting it. And yes, an extension would be great if possible - I have no chance of being done by Sunday! :rolleyes:

Thanks chaps! More things interfering with the modelling - one was good though, had a fly of a Tiger Moth today - great fun!

Anyway, the Verde Mimetico is on. This took quite some time and patience, both of which are in short supply at the moment!

camo b web.jpg

camo c web.jpg

Next up the Bruno Mimetico mottles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back