Done : Major Tratt's Me410A-1/U2/R4: Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Done a few things but pics really don't show much. The first pic is the rocket tubes and the wheels. Sanding, painting, yada.

Second pic I wanted to show what I used to weather the thing. Some tools aren't found in a hobby store. That large circular thing is a make-up pad that my pre-wife gave me that worked real well. In fact, she had a few with different shapes and sizes. They hold moisture well and don't get soggy.

Attachments

• panel300.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 82
  • panel301.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 88
and some more of the culprit in question. the pics are in natural light and a few with flash. I'm still trying to darken down the yellow clogs and its not working exactly. I also dry-brushed a few area where the staining wash didn't really high-light. But other than that, not much different.

Attachments

• panel306.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 93
  • panel305.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 100
  • panel304.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 92
  • panel303.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 96
  • panel302.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 94
  • panel307.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 92
  • panel308.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 95
  • panel309.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 101
It's looking really good Chris. The weathering/wear looks very convincing, good work mate.
To dull-down those yellow clogs, try a very light dry brushing of light brown. Apply it sparingly, then lightly rub off any excess. I've done it on yellow numbers and letters that have been too bright, and it seems to work OK. Another method is 'damp brushing', using the same colour paint, fairly thin, and only just dampening the tip of a small brush. Spot it on, then gently move it around in a circular fashion until the desired effect is achieved. If it looks too heavy or too dark, lightly rub it with cotton wool. That should remove the excess, and leave a thin deposit, like a stain. It's more accurate than dry brushing, but takes a little longer.

Thanks all!

And thanks Terry. I used a tan and dry-brushed exactly as you said and it seemed to melt right into the cowling. Perfect!

I did the landing gear, side rear gun pods, rocket tubes and spinner/prop. Painted and washed. Today I'm going to tackle the bain of the project - the spinner spirals! Should have some pics later today.

Users who are viewing this thread