Done : Major Tratt's Me410A-1/U2/R4: Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some more progress pics. Still panels lines and wash. Have to re-do a few times just to get the right look. The lines on the fuselage don't show real well but I think once the final matt coat goes on, it'll bring them out. I've checked pics and I can't help but think that before ZG 26 recieved the new "B" series in about mid '44, that their old "A" series machines were a little worn. Thats why I decided to go with a heavy staining.

Last few pics of the underside are kind of a "Before and After' type shot. Did one side to contrast with the clean other side. Still need to add a slight brown stain to the exhaust - just using black makes the whole model look dull.

Attachments

• Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 91
Great stuff Chris, looks phenominal.... Maybe alittle more staining around the gunports and cartridge ejectors and u got it tits on... I LOVE the exhaust weathering u did, it looks like the real gimmick...

Keep on it Brother....

And also, in case u overlooked it, the crosses and fuselage band are goin to be worn, dirty and the panel lines that run through them should show up as well....

Looks great Chris, it looks like after all your research and troubles things seem to be on track. Cant wait to see if finished.

Dan, I dry brushed those areas but like you said, its not enough. Will hit it again.

Regarding the band on the fuselage, the panel line is gone! I don't know if its too much paint or I can't get the decal to settle down but I have to come up with something. Thinking this one over.

Thanks everyone. I'm still working different areas, fixing little mistakes, etc. Anything to keep me away from doing those bloody spinners. The Bane of the Model!

:)

Can u see anything left of the panel line at all??? If not, can u guesstimate the right location and lightly scribe it in, even with a exacto knife... Being real fu*kin careful, u can do it and then, use some dark pastel on the cut line and theres the dirty panel line....

I ended up havin to do it with my Dora and it came out great...

Attachments

• weather 027.jpg
    weather 027.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 95
Never thought of that and I think I can guesstimate where its at. 1/32 much different than 1/48! :) But I have a lot of white paint!

Update: Now that the main part of the plane are done, I've started on the smaller bits - landing gear, rocket tubes, tailwheel, spinners and canopy.

The canopy is in several parts and split down the middle of the framing - not one whole piece. I was going to try to glue before attaching to the cockpit to make painting easier but once the parts were off, its difficult keeping them together and I'm not sure of the proper position. So I have to wait until final for all that. BUT, while trimming from the sprue, somehow, someway the canopy gained a crack across the top in one panel. Not so bad if you look for it but....

I tried to finish the staining and panel lines which went well except for some reason I can't duplicate the staining I did on the exhaust for the one wing. I'll keep trying. First timers Luck. or one engine ran rougher than the other. I'll either fix it or come up with a plausible explanation. :)

No pics just yet but maybe Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back