Done : Major Tratt's Me410A-1/U2/R4: Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow Chris! That is one lovely paintjob you've done there, weathering is cool too! :thumbleft:

Thanks guys. I can only think that Tratt went down in the middle of Big Week and ZG 26 was probably very busy - so I want that worn look, oil stains, mud, wear, etc. No factory fresh for me! :)

Thanks Evan. And no airbrush, so it can be done!

I got the major bit decals on the fuselage and I'm gonna change things around. I was gonna wait until the decals were done and the panel lines/weathering before another thin coat of gloss but with decals being what they are it'll be the gloss on the decals and then panel lines / weathering. Less chance of damage to the decals.

And anyone wondering why I'm on so late here in the States, just got back from the hospital. My pre-wife fell on ice and we thought she broke her hip/pelvis. Just very deep contusion. Friggin' 9 hours in the ER is ridiculus! And I want a do-over on this year. This is getting to be a bit much!!

Some more teaser shots. Almost dressed and ready for the Prom!

Attachments

• panel20.jpg
    panel20.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 102
  • panel21.jpg
    panel21.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 102
  • panel22.jpg
    panel22.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 100
D*mn! Hope that your pre-wife is alright. My mum once slipped on ice out walking, broke both her bones in her left leg...never teased and annoyed her as much as I did then, before that... :oops:
My very best get well soon wishes to your better half mate....

You and Terry are true masters of the brush! 8)

Man Chris, all I can say is WOW!!!! Its coming out phenominal with only paintbrushes at ur disposal.... U should be very happy about this build....

Sorry to hear about ur girl, glad shes ok, but I REALLY feel for u with that emergency room bullsh!t.... I think they are slowly weening the public off of emergency services by these long waits.... I wont go there unless its an absolute necessity....

I hate the ER with a passion....

If I can ask, how many Hispanic looking persons were there???

Beautiful work Chris - I thought you'd airbrushed it at first!

Very sorry to hear about your pre-wife. I hope she (and you) will be in a better way soon.

Thanks everyone. I'm liking how its coming out!

If I can ask, how many Hispanic looking persons were there???

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me....or something like that. :)

A quick question: Does anyone have any evidence that the First Aid marking was applied to the fuselage compartment -near the "Blau 1". I haven't seen it in pics but some profiles carry it. Same for the numbers along the bottom of the fuselage - counting out the panel lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back