Done : Major Tratt's Me410A-1/U2/R4: Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glad to be of assistance Chris. Looking forward to the next pics, and good luck with those bl**dy awful spiral devils!!

It's a sweety! And very inspiring for those of us about to build 410's ourselves.

Spiral decals were invented by Satan for people with sausage fingers. So that'll be me. :D

Well after an hour of fighting with the spiral decal on one spinner I have decided to try to paint on the second. Rip, tear, bubble, ****@#$$@!!

Sounds very familiar Chris, a language I am fully conversant with! Personally, I think Revell Monogram mis-spelled the word, it should read 'Poor Modeller', as that's how we end up, after having to purchase decals or whatever, to put things right!

Ok, I put her shoes on and the little stingers in the tail (not finished with the tailwheel yet) and took her outside for some fresh air. Still playing with minute details - painting, weathering so she still has her heavy winter gloss coat on but she's looking worn from almost 6 months of winter work in the skies over Germany! :)

Attachments

• Picture 047.jpg
    Picture 047.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture 052.jpg
    Picture 052.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Picture 053.jpg
    Picture 053.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 97
It's looking great Chris. The staining, dirt and weathering looks very realistic, and should look just right when the semi-matt coat is applied. I also hope you don't have problems with the canopy. The one on the '110 is so nicely moulded, that, being thin, and separated around the entry harches, it wanted to spring inwards; but I think that may have been mainly due to the guns poking through the roof!
I presume you're going to join the halves with white glue?

Thanks guys. She does look pretty when outside! :)

Terry, your 110 canopy should be ok IIRC. But this bugger is split down the middle and the two hatches are seperate along with the front piece which I'm praying still fits. Still thinking of a plan of attack.

I still have one spinner to do and I may cheat alittle. I found a white spinner about the thickness I need for a 109. I think I'll paint the circle on the tip and then see how this new decal sets. It might work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back