Done : Major Tratt's Me410A-1/U2/R4: Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco I think you have a positive on your A-1 schematic.

twin mg's followed by twin 2cm on the outside of the nose right and

now in the bomb bay would be another forward enclosed weapons container of twin 2cm cannon giving 4 2cm pieces. the other variant carried over in the B series included the above except removal of the worthless mg's, but had and under fuselage waffenpod of twin 2cm cannon. Tratts A-1/U2 would NOT have had this like I thought.

so Tratts may have had the mgs removed and the port openings plugged and then have the two 2cm's in the nose with the other 2cm's in the bomb bay = four 2cm weapons

are you now totally confused ?? I am ....... ;)

YES I AM!!! :)

Every pic, profile, yada, yada I seem to find that depicts a A-1/U2 has the 2MGs and the 4 cannon. That was the setup for a Zerstroer version. I think I'm going to keep that. My problem now is that the side cannon ports for this kit are faired over because it is depicting a 'B' version. So I need to find some 20mm cannons to put in the ports. Gotta see if I can find anything - root through some other kits. And then modify!

I don't do cockpits......well.

I had to think this through because the cockpit tubs are semi-covered by a plate so after attaching the important bits yesterday I needed to paint those pieces that would be hard to do after everything is attached. So off I go.

Some things I have learned:

1. Those years in rock bands have not affected my ears but all those years of grabbing electrical microphones has caused twitching and such with my hands.

2. Reading everything I could grab over the years did NOT make my eyes stronger - in fact it made me become another customer for cheapo eyeglasses and magnifying glasses. I'm lucky to even identify the plane I'm working on.

3. Light - good light, strong, natural good light - is very important.

I first painted the whole cockpits in RLM 66 as this was the color almost all references said is the color - contrary to the color pics that my fine friends have posted on here. I'm acounting for the 60 year difference between paints. Then red and white for some knobs, tan for the seats and black for the seatback and certain radio controls. After the RLM 66 and others, I gave it a shot of clear coat then made a wash - diluted 'Smoke' -and liberally brushed that on. When dried I dry-brushed with some 'hellblau' and followed that with 'flat white'. As most of this will be covered by a pan (as you can see on the one) I wasn't too particular and besides, I never was any good with interiors. When all was dried I attached the top pan over the tub.

I'm satisfied for now with the result. My camera I'm still getting used to so the only good shot that came out was this. Tommorrow hopefully I can continue but I'm doing this on top of a bad head cold which doesn't do well when trying to paint tiny bits with a wracking cough!

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 129
Dan, could you change the title of this thread to Major Tratt's Me 410 A-1/U2 etc,.. as that is the mk I'm going with. Should learn never to trust boxart.

I think ur getting to the bottom of it all Chris... Lacking some solid credible evidence, u have to show some artistic license as far as the cannon/gun layout goes....

I would stay with the 4 20mm and 2 pop guns... Its a toss up but to me, and with the research u got here so far, it seems likely that was what Tratt had goin with him and his crate....

And I am all too familiar with those small pieces and the beast known as carpet.... I think there are 3 small PE parts floppin around on my garage carpet as we speak....

The work u got done so far is great mano...

Thanks Mic!!

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go custom here and make some 20mm cannons for those side ports along with a curved backing/shell. Trying to think if I can find and cut a tube to size. I'm sure I have good replacement guns in the spares around here - need to find them.

I haven't done anything for 2 days - this head cold/flu/bug/vapors/Bonkoski disease I have has brought out my cluster headaches and I can barely sit at the PC let alone mess with the 410. To the doctors tommorrow and then to look for a 20mm cannon in 1/48. I think I can manufacture the inside from a straw or something similar but who knows - I'll make it somehow.

Naw, I don't think that will work. If you look at the pic, its the side cannons not the front. There is a concave backing plate that I have to make. The 'B' models had those ports blocked so with me trying to make an 'A' models I have to open them up. I can't leave a hole, it wouldn't look right. Besides I would know what its supposed to look like. :)

Attachments

• Me_410-2.jpg
    Me_410-2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back