DONE: P-47N, 2 Big and Too Heavy 318th Fg 333rd Fs, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking nice Karl. Certainly seems to be a good kit, very like Academy. Wonder if it's theirs re-boxed?

Yep, there were three sets - flattened, normal, and a 'smooth' set, as if turning. It definitely looks like one of the Academy kits. The way the gun blast tubes fit onto the wing was the first clue. If the gun bay covers have the circular 'holes' moulded in on the inside, it probably is Academy. Beautiful kit, the first of theirs I got, which got me hooked on their kits.

cheers Maglar, the yellow is a little heavt on the tail, but i love the way the cowl turned out.

penciled in the panel lines yesterday and this morning, might have a go at masking up the tail tomorow !

question: the instuctions say olive drab for the bombs and silver with black tips for the rockets does that sound right to you guy's ?

The olive on the bombs sounds right. Not 100% sure about the rockets, but there was a very recent thread that showed pics of HVAR's somewhere. I think the bodies were either off-white, or dull metal. The tip colour might depend on the type of warhead.

Thanks Terry.
Here's some pics after i'd done the panel lines, hope you can tell i've done 'em :lol:

Attachments

• Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Picture 055.jpg
    Picture 055.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Picture 056.jpg
    Picture 056.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 78
Panel lines look good karl. But is that the makers name etc on the bottom of the port flap, or just the lighting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back