DONE: P-47N, 2 Big and Too Heavy 318th Fg 333rd Fs, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aww, they are kissing.. we know whos got the "man" status in that relationship!! Good goings Karl, keep plugging way at it!

It's a real t*at when those stampings are on kit parts in unexpected places! I was surprised to see the one on the Avenger wing, and very nearly missed it - why the heck they don't put them inside, out of sight, I'll never know!

I know Terry. It's not like the person building the model isn't going to want to remove it, so why not put it on the inside? I noticed it on the wing too (well my dad did when he was looking at the kit) and I was surprised as well.

Not the best shot but you can still see how big the thunderbolt is compared to the others.

Attachments

• Scan0002.jpg
    Scan0002.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 88
Just shows how big it is Paul, when you consider that, in that pic, it's around 80 feet away.
I noticed it when I saw 'No Guts No Glory' alongside a Spit and a Mustang in the hangar at Duxford. Being inside, it looked even bigger against the other two, and up close, it was massive.

Just shows how big it is Paul, when you consider that, in that pic, it's around 80 feet away.
I noticed it when I saw 'No Guts No Glory' alongside a Spit and a Mustang in the hangar at Duxford. Being inside, it looked even bigger against the other two, and up close, it was massive.

Its also a good reason why they told pilots that if you got into trouble to dive. That thing must have dropped like a brick!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back