DONE: P-47N, 2 Big and Too Heavy 318th Fg 333rd Fs, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Catch, Njaco
i should have taped the upper and lower surfaces at the same time so the stripes lined up on both surfaces !
but didnt think of it untill i'd done the undersides ! never mind its all a learning curve

masked and painted the anti glare panels

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 103
I have to say Rochie that based on your previous models for the Defense build, your skills are improving immensely! That is a fine masking and paint you have there!!

Great work Karl! Love those stripes! Yellow is a bitch to get right. I'll echo what Chris has said, your modelling skills are really improving! :thumbleft:

Some nice work there Karl the bird is coming alive!Wish I could join but just have to much going on and I wanted to give Dan a chance :lol::lol: CYA later Kevin

Lookin real good Karl, the anti-glare tape job went better than the stripes, no bleeding it seems....

Regarding the question about yellow wing tips, judging by the picture, I would say that there doesnt seem to be any evidence that the tips are yellow... And I wouldnt put too much trust into the modelers rendition, as he made the antenna posts yellow, and in the pic u can clearly see that these are not yellow but quite dark....

Keep it comin man, its gettin better everytime u post a pic...

And to u Kevin, we're all tied up in the Members Choice Poll right now, and seeing how I am now a Judge, this may be my only moment to shine in a sky of stars...

Thanks a lot everyone, i do feel more confident every time i do a bit more work on it !

Dan about the the yellow antenna's, i thought excactly the same thing which made me wonder about the wing tips !!!

got the major decals on, still about 45 small stencils to go !!!!

just need to patch up the thin black line around the engine cowl

Attachments

• Picture 071.jpg
    Picture 071.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture 072.jpg
    Picture 072.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Picture 074.jpg