DONE: P-47N, 2 Big and Too Heavy 318th Fg 333rd Fs, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks excellent Rochie! I sure do like that kit too! May have to write that down on my wishlist.

Looking great Karl. And I agree, it certainly looks like a good kit - might lay one in myself.
The plastic looks grey, but the Interior Green still looks greyish, like RLM04, in some shots. Did you use flash? That would account for the cast, or maybe the white balance isn't set? Let me know, and I'll tell you which controls to set on the camera, seeing as it's the same as mine.

cheers guy's !

Terry i just whacked it on auto and super macro and the pic was taken under a desk lamp, so a little T.Fox guide for idiots with camera's would not go amiss when you have the time

OK, I know what the problem is now mate. Set the dial on the top to 'N', and check that the 'White Balance' is on 'Auto'. You can still use Macro and Super Macro, without flash, under the desk lamp. The 'N' setting allows pics under artificial light, but with a natural (as near as possible) colour balance. Should do the trick, as long as there's enough light on the main subject you're focusing on.

Good goings Karl, she looks nice. I like that 'heavy' look as in the body being a bit thicker then the average aircraft, kind of like the avenger.. Will build me one of these, I do like the one with the native American head.

stayed up late last night, got the wings and tail attached and gave it a coat of metallic aluminium.

could not drag my ass out of bed early enough to take pics and post them this morning though, sorry guy's

No prob, Rochie. Just be careful of those landing gear sticky bits. I hear the carpet Monster calling......!

as promised, pics of my latest progress

wings and tail units attached and a coat of mettalic aluminium put on.
needs another coat i think, the engine cowl is not glued in place yet and it doesent look as sparkley as the pics show honest:lol:
and if you look to the right hand side of the last pic you see i've caught a carpet monster on digital media !!!!! :shock: :lol:

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Picture 036.jpg
    Picture 036.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 70
It's coming on nicely Karl. You're right though, another coat wouldn't go amiss. Which paint are you using BTW, and did you spray it?
I spotted the 'scream' mask in the background!
Looks like I left it a bit late for those detail shots I mentioned - they were mainly showing the colour of the wheel bays and gun blast tubes, but I can post here or e-mail them if you think they might be useful.

thanks Terry
pics of the blast tubes would be usefull, just plonk them in here when you have time mate

the scream mask is a pure fluke its a hackey sac under annmarie's exersize machine, didnt notice it till i looked at the pics on here !!!

i've used humbrol metallic aluminium and brushed it on havn't got around to getting a power pack for the air brush yet :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back