**** DONE: Revell 1/32 Ju88A-5 4D + MR 7/KG30 MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

remeber the golden covers :) are you going to "wire" the legs ?

Now...these golden covers...are they oval shaped and just go over the holes in the leg or a strip that goes all the way round, bit confused as to their actual shape?

And yes I think I will wire the legs...:D

Last edited:
ahhhh

legs..grey ( 02 ) and remeber the three gold areas on upper part ( they are not painted ) gold tamyia is perfect..see picture
( some models shows this with three holes here on the leg..that is wrong..the holes are covered with thinn golden aluminumplates ( dented on these pics )

and also a must is the yellow band with the little decal on it ( white with red outline ) many on the decalset

the lower part ( here stripped so the shiny movable strut is visible ) is covered ( present on kit ) with black or dark brown leather to prevent dust from getting into the shiny oily part and damage it)

here you see the three covers ( high up )

upps..thought the pics alo would come..but one of the pics is a close up on those covers

OMG waynes doing a 88 this should be amazing when its finished .no pressure wayne:lol: iv,e just looked at the rest of the build bloody amazing wayne .BB

Last edited:
Damm Wayne, still at it with this one. Looks awsome, was hoping after all this time it would be finsihed. Keep at it old boy. Question is how are you every going to beat this one though?

here is how i did it with mine..alsow ith the decals..

Attachments

• 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 130
Ok, on the tyres at the moment....these have a real thin cross section so sanding the base flat wasn't gonna work...so i figured I would try another method I have used a couple of times before...

Got out the Missus iron turned it on got some non stick baking paper, placed this on the hot surface and pressed the tyres onto it....flattened them out real good without causing any problem, just need to fill the centre section and smooth it out...

so painted the middle section, flattened the tyres checked the alignment!....moving on!

Attachments

• Wheels painted_9364.JPG
    Wheels painted_9364.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Wheels flattened_9440.JPG
    Wheels flattened_9440.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Wheels flattened_9442.JPG
    Wheels flattened_9442.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Nice one! Bet you had a bit of a ar*e quiver doing that - always the cahnce it'll press down too far, or one be 'flatter' than the other! Done it a few times myself, and no b*lls up so far, thankfully.
Tip for others wanting to attempt this - put both wheels on a common axle (cocktail stick or whatever) and flatten at the same time.
Sorry Wayne, back to your excellent thread.

Oh yeah, Terry was always thinking disaster waiting to happen....but I know what I'm doing and prepared for what may happen, did each one separately, carefully and slowly and then tweaked them a bit to get them the same.

Now added the Gold paint to simulate the plates on the undercarriage legs...

Attachments

• U-C Legs_Gold Plating_9473.JPG
    U-C Legs_Gold Plating_9473.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 136
Marvellous work Wayne. I never really worried about the filing down the tires even to the point where I bust through to the inner hollow. Can't see the hole anyway except if I show it like in my Me 262 GB pics.

Questions Guttorm!

On your undercarriage leg the 'RS' is in the second Gold strip, in the instructions it is in the bottom gold strip?

The 6 digit numbers is only one applied to the front of the U/C leg, as there are 2 for each , is this a choice of one or the other?

Now the yellow stripe looks pretty narrow, the red/white decals are wider than the scale size of the yellow stripe when compared to the real U/C leg close-up showing Red/white decal on top of the yellow stripe.

To use those red/white decals I will need a yellow stripe twice as wide as the real one shows.....?

Comments please.

Attachments

• 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 137
  • understell%20004.jpg
    understell%20004.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
you can choose from the 6 digit numbers ( only applied on the front )
and yes..the RS should be on the bottom strip.(.my mistake on my model )
the yellow band is very narrow..as you see the red/white decals are to large on the kit..i put it higher up on mine..
but it should have been like on the picture..i just decided to put it above the yellow band.

so far your work is awsoem.love the flattening of the tire and the golden covers you made :)

you can choose from the 6 digit numbers ( only applied on the front )
and yes..the RS should be on the bottom strip.(.my mistake on my model )
the yellow band is very narrow..as you see the red/white decals are to large on the kit..i put it higher up on mine..
but it should have been like on the picture..i just decided to put it above the yellow band.

so far your work is awsoem.love the flattening of the tire and the golden covers you made :)

Thanks Guttorm, appreciate that, glossed the areas for the decals will put them on tomorrow.

hehe

its not that i did an ares of myself..i did it on purpose as i found that area to hard and small to work with..so i did what i could..and i dident care that much either.. to me the 1:1 scale is the one important to get right :)
the other scales are--well..just fun :)

but one thing is for sure..such a nice build as this one HAS to be correct--hehe
that si why i have given my "fingers" in this thread..to make sure it turns out right :)

dont want to see such a great build "damaged" by errors.. :)

and hopefully other builders has learned a few things about the Ju 88 as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back