**** DONE: Revell 1/72nd scale Lancaster BIII, 'Oozlum Bird', 625 Sqn, RAF, GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, and all of a sudden, there's only eleven days left until the end of the GB ! Glad I didn't try to do the Mitchell III as well, I'd be working 24 hours a day to keep up!

Well I hope they turn up soon Dan. I should think you should have them by Friday at the latest, as there aren't any Postal delays here in the UK at the moment.

Thanks guys. If people stop calling in to my house and interupting me, I should get it finished in time - I hope!
I was going to do four models for this GB, but decided against it on time considerations - bl**dy glad too!

Yippee! I finally got underway!
The rather plain and slightly inaccurate kit main wheels have now been modified to at least resemble the 'real things', and the main undercart has been fitted, along with the tail wheel. The main gear legs, retraction jacks and locking bars are well produced, but a pig to fit - especially with my stiff hands! After carefully painting and detailing the components, they swiftly became scratched and paint-worn due to handling when fitting! No problem though, now that they're in place, they can be re-touched when fully set.
PIC 1 Shows the wheel halves during modification, the one on the left obviously being the plain kit part. A small disc of plastic card was glued to centre of each wheel hub, and then the outer hub was filed to chamfer inwards, and the breather holes drilled around the circumference. The central hub is yet to be chamfered and the whole lot cleaned up in this picture.
PIC 2. The main undercart and wheels in place, awaiting touch-up. The tail wheel has been angled off, as if the aircraft has turned onto the dispersal point.
PIC 3. How the model looks so far - rather spindly without the gear doors and bomb bay doors in place!
Next step is to fit the gear doors, then assemble and fit the mid-upper turret, followed by fitting a scratch-built bombsight, before fitting the bomb-aimers blister. Then it's the fins, bomb doors and props, before moving on to all the little fiddly bits!
More pics etc soon - with a bit of luck!

Attachments

• Avro, Bomber GB 131.jpg
    Avro, Bomber GB 131.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 78
  • Avro, Bomber GB 137.jpg
    Avro, Bomber GB 137.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Avro, Bomber GB 136.jpg
    Avro, Bomber GB 136.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Back