**** DONE: Revell 1/72nd scale Lancaster BIII, 'Oozlum Bird', 625 Sqn, RAF, GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much guys. Nothing more happening at the momemnt - been in bed two days, just got up to have some food and liquids, then going back to try and shake off this damned fever.

Thanks Andy. I think I'm on the mend - don't know what it was, but it floored me! Hope to get some more done, and maybe post some pics, later tonight.

Thanks NFN and Vic! I reckon I'm about right now, although my hands still won't bl**dy work properly! Can't get out anyway, it's around -14 degrees at the moment, and absolutely lethal on the pavements, even for ablebodied blokes. My mate had a bad fall just outside my front door - fortunately he's only a short a*se, so didn't have far to fall, and he's got no sense, so no damage done - well, not that I could see anyway!!
The stiff hands thing has slowed me down a bit, and nearly fouled up things too. I've got the cockpit bits and pieces added, such as the trim wheel, support stanchions and H2s set brackets, and everything is painted and now in place. Not as neat as I'd like it, but not much can be seen in this scale once the fuselage is closed up.
PIC 1 shows the cockpit area and bomb bay floor in place. The repeater instruments for the top of the panel coaming will be made and fitted later and, if possible, the double-curved coaming itself, although this might not fit under the kit's canopy.
PIC 2. Is how she looks at the moment, with the fuselage joined - eventually. I'd got the mid-upper turret basket and ring in place ( a rather poor locating method, but an overall good design to ease painting later, even though the 'basket' is over-sized), and was 'fiddling' with the underside nose joint, when ...'Clonk!'.... the bl**dy turret fell inside the already cemented fuselage! I must have done at least eleventeen trial fits without problem, but when it came to cement time, the bl**dy underside of the nose, right at the edge of the escape hatch, refused to join, hence a bit of twisting, which dislodged the very small locating rim of the turret!
So, prise it all apart and start again. This led to a not so clean joint and, at this point, I have to publicly thank the guy who invented 'Superglue'. If not for him, this small Lanc would have joined the ranks of those which 'Failed to Return'!!
So, the next step is the main wings, and I'll check-out this dihedral problem, and decide whether or not it's worth cutting and wedging the underside outboard section joint line. From what I've seen so far, I don't think I'll bother, but time will tell.
Thanks again for your interest, kind comments and well wishes.

Attachments

• Avro, Bomber GB 034.jpg
    Avro, Bomber GB 034.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 235
  • Avro, Bomber GB 036.jpg
    Avro, Bomber GB 036.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 215

Users who are viewing this thread

Back