**** DONE: Revell P-61A 1/48 scale, Nocturnal Nemesis, Night Fighter GB. (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is that a felt tipped pen you used highlight the panel lines Bill, if so just double check the setting of your first coat over the lines as I've read that the felt tip ink has a habit of precenting adhesion and can on occasions seep through the paint.

Thanks guys. I didn't use any marking pen except to test for smoothness when scratch building parts. Then I would sand it off. For the preshading of panel lines I used Testers Rubber paint. Rubber is the color, not the what its made of. :) It's a dark color that is neither charcoal nor black. More like a very dark earth tone or something similar to dark grease in appearance. In order to spray, I put a space heater into my small work shop and heated it for a few hours until it was warm enough to spray. The primative airbrush and can air can only do so much. Still its the best I can do for now. Like I mentioned before, I'm still just a beginner. Here is the result of my work. Hope it looks ok.

Attachments

• P61A 062.jpg
    P61A 062.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 77
  • P61A 063.jpg
    P61A 063.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 72
  • P61A 064.jpg
    P61A 064.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 70
  • P61A 065.jpg
    P61A 065.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 68
  • P61A 066.jpg
    P61A 066.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 70
One more of the OD green. I wasn't sure of the lighting so I took it again.

Attachments

• P61A 067.jpg
    P61A 067.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 107
Thanks... Here is the forward canopy. I'm still cleaning it up but you can see where the window is cut out on both sides. For weathering, when I can get to it, I intend to experiment with isopropyl alcohol. I noticed that when this stuff gets on paint, it leaves a white residue. I tried it on some painted planes I have and I'll be darned if it didn't fade and weather the paint job. I tried it on a small section of wing last night and it faded the paint in that area. Will let you guys know as I continue with experiments. :)

Attachments

• P61A 067.jpg
    P61A 067.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Back