DONE: RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair NZ5255 ,Flt/Sgt R L.Bayly No.21 Sgn/4 Su Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great work, Daniel! Looking forward to seeing those kiwi roundels on her!

No worries about the colours too! Sorry I didn't get them to you earlier, got caught up in my own things and didn't notice the deadline approaching...

Cheers mate! no worries - got it done even if it was the most frustrating day I've ever lived

Will take better pics tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1640.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 91
Thanks Alex and Dan!

I take it the antenna mast broke off and had to be repaired??? I would recommend putting some dark/black around and in the gun ports instead of the white thats there now...

It broke a couple times , then the antenna at the front came lose and stayed that way despite using alot of glue around it - first time I've put antenna wires on a model .Think I've learn't abit

Will get the gun ports weathered up ( was one of those things I gotta touch up )

Got some nice blue skys today , so will be out soon taking final shots after these touch ups done

Pretty much done - may add some weathering down the line

B-17 its nearly 4 pm over here - may see if I can do some evening shots later on

Heres some more photos of the build -last one is of its new home although I just put the B-26 there for a size comparison

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 18.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 16.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 20.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 104
Daniel, good on ya mate!

You've done a great job - love that shot from below especially! Colours and markings look spot on, great to see a Corsair in kiwi colours!

Cheers mate!

looking forward to doing 'Tatae Wera' will be buying some more decals as soon as I can find some more kits

Users who are viewing this thread