**** DONE: Spitfire Mk. Vb Trop. BS231 “D” of No 452 Sqn defending Darwin .

taking shape nicely
 
Thanks y'all....... I think I am nearly ready to paint! Just have to tidy up a couple of seams and I'm off. I always get a little nervous at this stage. I usually forget important parts by this stage. But, everything is glued up! on both. Except for the noew Mk.VI guns.
 

Attachments

  • 16 pre-paint.jpg
    16 pre-paint.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Check 'em again Bill....no stuff ups mate!:D
 
I get nervous at this stage to Bill and then just turn to jelly when doing the final fittings and touch-ups which makes all the harder to get things just so. Plod on mate, you're doing a great job.
 
Well I have checked twice to make sure things are in order. I have the Vc gun barrel in place now, or fitted, I will glue after painting for ease of masking. Now as with the Typhoon, paint colours, arhhhh!
 
Real nice work Bill. Good luck with the painting!
 
HUZZAH!

I have paint on 'em........... Top AND bottom no less.......
Base color on the Spit is gonna be lighter than normal as it was last used in the heat and sun of Darwin. I'm trying to make it look bleached. Showing both......

Big deep breath for the camo.......
 

Attachments

  • 17a bott paint.jpg
    17a bott paint.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 167
  • 17b top paint.jpg
    17b top paint.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 156
Hmmm... I've seen this picture before. :) Still looks nice.

Just trying to conserve pixels............ :rolleyes:
 
Looking good. Now let's see some upper camo!
 
Okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had the heebee geebees while doing it, but by crackey it's done!
Looks like I may finish this thing after all.......
 

Attachments

  • 18 camo.jpg
    18 camo.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 185
That is an excellent paint job. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back