DONE: Spitfire MkVc "Marge" No.85 Sqn RAAF, Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep...nice job so far.:)

BTW Andy , do you have any reference materials for the Vengeance in your siggy?

Great start on the Spit mate. BTW, unless this particular kite was different, the frame below the instrument panel was normally cockpit green too.
Your new place looks fantastic mate, wish I had a view like that, instead of 150 year old brick walls!
If you can't get that magazine, let me know, and I'll e-mail the profiles and text/pic, along with the link for the decals (if it works!), same for the next issue.

Glad to see u got ur start on Andy, lookin good so far man...

And you had your doubts! :lol: Seriously though, thanks for the comments guys. Here's a small update with the prop completed.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 130
Great start on the Spit mate. BTW, unless this particular kite was different, the frame below the instrument panel was normally cockpit green too.
Your new place looks fantastic mate, wish I had a view like that, instead of 150 year old brick walls!
If you can't get that magazine, let me know, and I'll e-mail the profiles and text/pic, along with the link for the decals (if it works!), same for the next issue.

Thanks for the correction Terry. BTW I'll get back to you re the profiles.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Dan and Wojtek, my sig is from the box art of the Special Hobby 1/72 Vengeance. See here for a close up of the decals and nose art. Special Hobby Vengeance(RAAF nose art) - ARC Air Discussion Forums
I'm very dubious to the serial number used though. From my own research I can't find any referane to A27-48 being flown on dive bombing operations in New Guinea. My best guess for the serial is A27-248 which certainly did see combat in NG. This a/c served with 24 sqn not 23 sqn as the decals depict (NV=23sqn. GR=24sqn. HOWEVER when 24 sqn was the only Vengeance squadron in combat, they did recieve aircraft transferred from the other squadrons then still based in Australia, consequently 24 sqn did use aircraft still with 23 sqn codes.

Wildcat

Good start Wildcat, Marge is a fellow West Aussie so treat her right!

Found the following in a booklet on RAAF mess hall songs. They obviously had great affection for these Vultee crates! :D:):D

Attachments

• vultee.jpg
    vultee.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 102
I know Wildcat may not agree, but that was the least rude song. The rest, I cannot upload for fear of being struck off.

I will however leave you with the censored first verse of "Lament to a Beaufort". The following verses degenerate rapidly. PM me for the link and I will need to verify that you are over 18 first.
:twisted:

Attachments

• lament to the beaufort verse 1.jpg
    lament to the beaufort verse 1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Back