DONE: Spitfire MkVc "Marge" No.85 Sqn RAAF, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As always thanks for the comments guys! For my latest update I have fitted the volkes filter and finally got around to puting some paint on, albeit the black undercoat. Looks kinda cool painted black... next step, the silver top coat!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 57
Black will always bring out silver, I used to take it as a word but I tried it and will definately say it does the job. The black gives the silver a nice solid color to blend into.

Thanks Pete. That piece of newspaper is for inspiration! :lol: Silver coat is now on, horizontal stabilisers painted as are the red squares around the gun ports. She's starting to come together now!
PS sorry for the dodgy pics.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 89
Cheers guys :smiles: I've now painted the anti glare panel, gun ports and the tail surfaces are painted aluminium dope. The canopy is done bar the mirror, the lowered flaps need to be attached along with the prop. The undercarriage will be tackled next. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 79
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 75
Looks great Andy. Bit late now, but with the flaps lowered, the actuator protrudes from the upper wing, with the oval-topped cover hinging inboard, but what the heck, it's good enough as is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back