**** DONE: XF-85 Goblin. Parasite Fighter Prototype. Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So far it hasn't been as bad as some of the reviews led me to believe. The only really bad part so far has been getting the jet intake to fit.

I finished filling, sanding and polishing the fuselage joints tonight so all that remains of the fuselage is filling around that bad fitting intake, but I'm too tired to tackle that tonight. Next will be the wings and they don't look like they will be too bad, but I'm sure they will require some filler around the fuselage joint.

P5302165.JPG
P5302166.JPG
P5302159.JPG
P5302164.JPG
Completed the filling on the fuselage tonight.

Picture 1. The finished hook bay
Picture 2. The finished rear fuselage joint
Pictures 3 4. The completed jet intake. This took me hours. Multiple coats of thick super-glue around the inside, then a lot of work with a rifeling file, and wet dry sand paper

Wings next!

Last edited:
P5302169.JPG
Thanks guys!

Jan better start drinking more, that must be a pretty small bar bill! :lol:

Latest: Wings on today. Smooth out the joints and tail next.

Last edited:
Nice! I still think the real thing was an amazing piece of machinery - how they fitted a cockpit, and an engine, into such a small fuselage is beyond me!

P5312170.JPG
P5312171.JPG
More work tonight. 3 hours to attach, fill and sand 3 of the 6 tail fins! I think this is going to be my last limited run kit for a while.

Picture 1 shows the goblin with the tail feathers
Picture 2 is is for you Terry, a size comparison with an old Testors Me 163 that I never finished.

Last edited:
P6012200.JPG
P6012175.JPG
P6012189.JPG
P6012191.JPG
P6012199.JPG
Well this is the end of the long holiday weekend burst of work.

Picture 1. The finished tail section. About 5 times the work I thought it would be.
Picture 2-4. The finished cockpit.
Picture 5. Mishap with the vacuformed canopy. Didn't know I had superglue on my finger when I picked it up.](*,) I should have been more careful knowing what happened to Igor a couple of days ago! Does any one know if superglue debonder will work for this without damaging the canopy? It's very minor and might even come out with a couple of dips in Future.

Last edited:
Great work Glenn. I can see smoothing out the filler between those tail pieces would be a treat.

As for the finger print, it really doesn't look too bad. I know the material is thin but I bet it would survive a bit of sanding wth 600 grit or smoother wet sand paper then a dip of Future to make it look like new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back