dornier do 17z-2 by frog 1/72nd

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I see. If you would like to remove all enamels you could use a brake fluid called R-3,DOT-3 or similar one of green colour. But if you don't want to do that you can wash the model up with warm water and soap. Then the glass you should polish with Tamiya Polishing Compound. But for the initial work on the glassy parts you should use the polish being used for car bodies. It is a little bit abrasive and should remove the milky layer of these transparent parts.

compound3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Wojtek for all your help,i've stripped all the clear parts off the model and am at present rubbing down and filling i will post some more pics once thats all done and in primer,i use jeweler's rouge for polishing glass for work do you think it would work with this plastic

progress so far
bob2307.jpg

bob2309.jpg

bob2310.jpg

bob2311.jpg

pics show the cockpit canopy and nose section removed,she was then filled /sanded and primered,the last pic shows the undercart going back on as with the Heinkel i will need to remake new legs for one side

not much to report this week as i've been working on the heinkel but should be back on it once the heinkel is in colour

bob2351.jpg

bob2348.jpg

bob2349.jpg

progress so far,thanks to Wojtek for the camo pattern,camo now on with 1st coat of gloss vanish before markings being applied,also still quite a lot of detailing still to do including prop blades and undercart doors,

thanks for looking

Last edited:
The Do-17 looks good Bob. But the brown colour is looking like the khaki (olive) one. It should be of chocolate brown rather.

Bob here you are colours for the early Do-17. According to Urban's Colour Reference Chart at IPMS Stockholm site these should look like these samples below.
The first set is for RLM61 Dark Brown. As you can notice the first sample seems to have nothing in common with any brown colours. But it's really Dark Brown These next two ones look good. Personally I would follow the first or last sample I mean the FS30040 or the one FS30117.
The another set is for RLM62 Medium Green. Also there are two colours suggested. Which one.. ??? I would follow the second one FS34128.
And finally the set for the RLM63. At IPMS Stockholm site there are suggested three tonalities of the paint. I think the best one should be the sample in the middle titled FS36373.

Attachments

• RLM61.jpg
    RLM61.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 83
  • RLM62.jpg
    RLM62.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 281
  • RLM63.jpg
    RLM63.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Here is marked the colour that should have been the RLM61 Dark Brown. Of course the incorrect tonality of the paint can be a fault of your camera. But I think it should be much darker.

brown.jpg

Using these colours shown by samples above you should achieve an effect at least like shown in the image below.

PICT0012-2.gif

A picture source.... - The Airfix Tribute Forum - :: Dornier Do17E/F - very quick build!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back