East Coast Earthquake (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

First time I ever felt something like that. Thought it was the dog scratching itself to death but saw the walls actually moving and....... You people can keep that cr@p!!!!

the Cali's usually get it, have only felt 1-2 in south Orygun. the last one the bed was doing the Mississippi two-step along the floor while we were in it about 4 am. Guess it was time to get up for an early morn bike ride.

one of the ugliest things is having to stand if you can in your doorway thinking you can support the door jams and frames as the roof cracks paint and glass fly everywhere, if you can't get out stay low .............. preferably though away from any building

The epi-center was located in Mineral, Va (just outside Charlottesville). I was in the back yard and didn't feel a thing. Edna Mae was watching TV when the news broke, and came out to tell me about it. I heard the Dems the Repubs were blaming each other because they sit on the "it's your fault line" that runs between the capital and the white house.

Charles

looks like the big one is heading west then, good bye Frisco ! we had a 6 point off the northern Cali coast 10 days ago.

Ok, I'm starting a New Jersey Earthquake Relief Fund. Just send money to my house.

:)

Man, that was scary. Never saw a wall flex like that. Not much damage except in some supermarkets with product falling to the floor. They evacuated the WH/ Capital in DC and City Hall up here in Philly. Felt from RI to Georgia.

Glad everyone's okay. My personal take on earthquakes, they're fun, as long as they stay below the 6 range. Anything above that, and I'll probably end up having to do a lot of housework.

As far as I've heard no serious injuries and no deaths, relatively minor damage to structures. interesting how a geologist with the US Geological Survey spoke of the different bedrock structure here in the eastern US that transmits the tremors so much farther away than bedrock of the west coast.
Needless to say, people in my office felt it but not me. Glad no one was really hurt, at least.
Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back