East Coast Earthquake (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I heard the Dems the Repubs were blaming each other because they sit on the "it's your fault line" that runs between the capital and the white house.

That was hilarious!

Welcome to the California experience, dude, er, Chris. Unless they are pretty big, you get used to them living out here. You keep locks on cabinets and use quake hold on fragile items on shelves. My first one was pretty exciting too. Having been through quite a few now, they aren't as freaky as they used to be. Hey, at least you had yours in daylight! Our big ones always seem to strike in the middle of the night. Just be aware that there could be aftershocks for weeks to come. But they are typically smaller and shorter duration.

Attachments

• 296638.jpg
    296638.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 136
the big deal about the east coast happening is that the quake was recorded as being shallow, in Cali and Oryg they are quite deep at over a mile or more. Mammoth in the Sierras just had a close to a 5 pt.

. lawn chair down pic

LMAO! Etched in my mind forever!

I grew up in SoCal, seemed a few small quakes every year and a real shaker every five years.
I suppose this was good training for the rocket and mortar fire in Iraq '03-04 which was training for the IED (2x 152mm rounds w remote detonation) that blew right after my vehicle passed by. Just like the VA quake, lotta shaking and noise but no damage :)

and now we're gonna get hit with a hurricane. Irene is due to make landfall near New York City. Wild ride in NJ this weekend! Harrison, batten down the hatches!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back