Fw-190A-8 of JG 6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is a really nice build with great subject matter. A little bird tells me there may well be a history of JG 6 appearing in the next few years from a noted author.

Why did you pick JG 6?

First of all, the side profile illustration of the bird looked fabulous to me. Then when I found out that Barkhorn was one of it's commanders very late in the war (about the time the Geschwader got some Doras), that was the clincher for me. Plus, I think the Reich Defense Band is killer!8)

Wouldn't you know it.... just when you think everything is moving smoothly along, a gaff comes up. Saw some unsightly seam marks on the main wings leading edges. Will have to take care of those now, and do airbrush touch-ups afterwards. Will have to think this through and proceed very carefully. Thought I took care of those....:oops:

First of all, the side profile illustration of the bird looked fabulous to me. Then when I found out that Barkhorn was one of it's commanders very late in the war (about the time the Geschwader got some Doras), that was the clincher for me. Plus, I think the Reich Defense Band is killer!8)

Some good reasons! My interest is that they were formed from ZG 26, Rudi Dassow being CO of 8./JG 6... but not for long unfortunately.

The RVT band is a killer!

Hi, guys. Physical repair of my errors went without a hitch. I was able to fill in the seam lines in the wing leading edges and behind the canopy without a hitch. Everything that I repaired is now sanded and buffed smooth as a baby's you-know-what. Airbush touch-ups are next, followed by a Future coat and decals. I also have both main wheels painted. Stand by for more pics later in the week.

Pete

I made some airbrushing gaffs, especially on the starboard side of the fuselage, which I had to sand and buff out --- the gaffs consisted of spiders, those bull's-eyed sob's with gloppy arms:evil:. Here's a picture (not very good on close-up.... my digital has lousy depth of field) to show you what I mean. But I managed to airbrush RLM 76 without any mistakes over the sanded areas, so I'm back on course. Going north with the family to New Hampshire this weekend, so more work and pics next week. Hopefully, decals soon.

Happy modeling,

Attachments

• Wurger Boo-Boo Areas 001.JPG
    Wurger Boo-Boo Areas 001.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 112
I made some airbrushing gaffs, especially on the starboard side of the fuselage, which I had to sand and buff out --- the gaffs consisted of spiders, those bull's-eyed sob's with gloppy arms:evil:. Here's a picture (not very good on close-up.... my digital has lousy depth of field) to show you what I mean. But I managed to airbrush RLM 76 without any mistakes over the sanded areas, so I'm back on course. Going north with the family to New Hampshire this weekend, so more work and pics next week. Hopefully, decals soon.

Happy modeling,

The good thing about the mistakes is that the picture is so blurry no one will ever see it. :D:D

OK, you all asked for it, and here she is. Futured and decaled. The only things not decaled are the landing gear doors and the fuel tank. But the main airframe is done in the major 'cals plus all the stencils. I used a combination of kit and two aftermarket sheets to do her. Hope you like it.

Happy modeling to all,

Pete

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 79