GB#27 THOUGHTS.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many happy whatsits to you and your main squeeze Red 2!
See if I can jump on this one, work as it is now is bl**dy busy and with the Edinburgh Festival about to kick off, that won't help either.....and then holidays! :lol:

Found a photo of the the wee beastie I want to model. The photo shows no aircraft letter but the book of FAA serial numbers said the Canadian aircraft carried single letters, this one was "X" but no indication of color.

Geo

Congratulations Karl and Anne-Marie, and happy birthday to her too!

Had wanted to join in the jet build with a DH Venom, then broke my bloody finger... when it heals and I can use my right hand again I will be in on this build instead. Subject TBD, but definitely something from one of the kiwi squadrons in the RAF (No.75, and Nos. 485-490) - maybe a 486(NZ) Sqn. car door Tiffie?

In my case, the question is very clear two models 1/72 and Vickers MK Ic wellinton coastal command and E4 BF 109 piloted by LT. Erich Schmidt.

Although I want to start with the wellington and I would like to mk VIII DF + O based on rejkiavik with enrollment W5674 but I have a pequeñoproblema in the two books I have paid out photos of the plane and was painted black and instructions out it would blank, but not only that also says that the aircraft is within 221 ° Sqn but on the list of aircraft sqn not aprece nor any DF + O or the W5674, so I'm hesitating to start and then this evil,

someone has information?

Is this your bird, Sergio?

AIRCRAFT ROYAL AIR FORCE 1939-1945 VICKERS WELLINGTON (ATP 10574C)
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Vickers_Wellington_GR.VIII_conversion_at_Brooklands_1941.jpg
Xtradecal Aircraft decals - X72079 | Hannants

UK1 W5674 Vickers WellingtonMkVIII Reykjavik.jpg - AviationBanter

attachment.jpg

Geo

Last edited by a moderator:
An interesting think Geo... your link sends us to a site with her pic that shows the lack of the top antenna masts for the ASV Mk.II radar.
I have looked through a couple of other sites and found this....

Vickers_Wellington_GR.VIII_conversion_at_Brooklands_1941_b.jpg

Vickers_Wellington_GR.VIII_conversion_at_Brooklands_1941.jpg

X03437 W5674_DF-D Wellington VIII_221Sqn.jpg

Last edited:
I have thought exactly the same about the war censorship. So that's the reason.

OK.. undoubtedly the DF_D serial was W5674. an enlarged pic shows it clearly.

X03437 W5674_DF-D Wellington VIII_221Sqn_enl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back