Got Swede Vejtasa on the Phone Yesterday...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Talked to Swede Vejtasa yesterday for about 15 minutes... Was concerned about him as Seesul and I were unable to get through to him or his daughter... He's just fine, still kickin it, and sharp as a tack....

Talked a few about his time in the Dauntless, including his famous combat with Zeros, as well as his stick time with the very first F4U-1 on Enterprise in the Solomons... Thought it was a pig and troubled with all sorts of growing pains... Couldnt see the LSO when landing, tail wheel sucked, guns jammed etc etc... He wasnt very impressed and never saw combat with it...

He said to give a "Hello" to the guys here at the site and showed his graciousness in my intrest in him and his story....

sweet i saw that dogfights to and the thing with the b-17 geting shot up i am serprispe old 777 made it back to base

WOW.....feel all, what's the word....humbled? That's just fantastic Dan!

Would it be possible to get a signed photo of him for my PTO GB of his SBD?

Had I talked with the gentleman, I'd probably just go on about his time on USS Yorktown CV-5....:oops:

Yea my Grandfather new him quite well... Swede still remembers me as a youngling... Called him Uncle Swede for awhile there....

If anyone has any serious no bullsh!t questions for him, post it up and Ill call him for the answer..

I hope this question is serious enough. What was the length of time it took for a patrol mission; from briefing, to landing, and to debriefing. If not specific enough, tell me and I'll elaborate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back