Group builds..... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Tia!

Glad you're interested!

Do you have the Academy G-14 kit?

Evan

Evan, yes, it is indeed the Academy g-14 kit.

Also, I'm sorry but I'm not Tia. The name is Raymond. I meant "Thanks In Advance" when I placed TIA at the bottom of my post. :oops: My bad.

Raymond

The Idea of a Group Build sounds really good, so that we can share our knowledge, tips tricks and so we can improve our skills.
My assembly line is becoming busy, because i bought on Monday the new Ju 88 from RoG and have to finish it till March ( exhibition of my model club ); but before i will finish the Me 109.

greets Thomas

i agree with lucky wayne and wojtec and other model masters should join in as we all know they'll be great and i for one am hoping to pic up a few jewels of advice !
it would also be a shame if it got too competative

Well chaps, that's me just ordered my 1/48 Hasegawa 109K-4, Tamiya 190D-9 and decals from Hannant's....two 13's! :D Should be here sometime in early January...I hope! Oooh the wait! :(

@Wayne :
I know that the Doras had the RD-Band; my question was if the Me 109s ( G-14or K4 ) wore the RD-Band, too.

greets Thomas

Sorry, my fault.

Because they are no images yet thats why i asked.

But, could it be ?

Thomas

Personally...I think there probably are some pics out there somewhere.....they just haven't been published or even recognised for what they are....

Years ago it was stated in one Luftwaffe book about the scarcity of D-9 photo's......now look at just how many have surfaced in new books over the past few years.....and there is still more to come in at least 3 new future books.....right Erich!?:D

I have read in various publications, including Cauldwells 'JG26 Top Guns of the Luftwaffe', that it is thought the Gruppe did not have the bands. However, there have been a couple of photos where it is not proven that the aircraft depicted were of that unit, but the (B&W) picture showed what looked like the correct RD band. As you say, no proof that the pics are of JG26 birds. Perhaps Erich will have an answer.
Looks like I'm in for the Group Build, not competitively, just for the fun etc. Decided to change plans regarding a FW190A8, which will look slightly 'different'! Means I'll have to buy another kit for the original plan! Darn, another forced visit to the model shop! Oh goody!!! Ha, Ha!

Evan, yes, it is indeed the Academy g-14 kit.

Also, I'm sorry but I'm not Tia. The name is Raymond. I meant "Thanks In Advance" when I placed TIA at the bottom of my post. :oops: My bad.

Raymond

Sorry Raymond! Boy, do I feel like an idiot... :oops:

As for me, you can call me anything you like, just don't call me late for lunch :)

I've got that kit too, and there are a few basic problems with the measurements and form, but to be honest, I don't think most people would notice.

-As for the subject of the build, so we're talking specifically about fighters carrying RD bands? I was thinking Me 163s, He 162s and Misteln would fit into the last ditch Defence of the Reich category.

Hello Evan,
my question for the RD Band was only for a specific fighter in a specials group ( here III JG 26 ). The Idea for the GB was Reichsverteidigung ( Reichs-defense) with all types and scales and the chance for us to improve our skills.

Here an example of an fighter without RD Band :

bf109k4-00.jpg

Me109K-4-IIIJG51-DK-1.jpg

Me109K-4-IIIJG51-DK-2.jpg

bf109k4-03.jpg

Good point A4K. I was going off Tango's date span, from 1943.
The bird I have in mind is in September 1944, but I'll have to check my refs more closely concerning the RD band.
If it's going to have to include the band(s), I'll have to rethink it! Darn!
To make it easier on all, could I suggest a combination of Tango's and Lucky's ideas? Any Luftwaffe aircraft defending the Reich, wherever based, from 1943 to May 1945; any scale, individual, plain base or diorama, although only the main subject, the aircraft, should be judged. Judging to be made on the admitted skill/ability level of the builder, eg beginner, intermediate, expert etc., and no competition as such - votes by the participants on which is the best in 'category' - no voting for your own model (!), and if an individual wishes to participate, but not 'compete', that will be the choice of that individual. Main aim - fun, and sharing experience/hints/tips/methods/techniques etc. Also, bringing together like-minded people, and re-creating history in miniature.
Any other suggestions/view/thoughts?
Terry.

Nice shots Tango!

One question about 109K-4's I've wanted to know for a while ,Anyone know why some K-4's rear tail wheel was retractable and others had fixed?

I've got the answer somewhere, Daniel; similar thing with 'tall' and 'short' tail wheel legs on some late 'G' models. I'll try to find out over the weekend, but no doubt someone will have the answer before me! BTW, done a bit more work on your profile; a bit slow, as I'm using a mouse to 'paint', rather than a graphics tablet stylus, and the damn thing keeps 'flying' around - think I must have a slight glitch in the cable or something. I'll get it done eventually though, as I need it, and a few other different aircraft, for a portfolio someone wants.

@Airframes :
The Retration of the tailwheel was made to have a more aerodynamic cell, also the additional wheel well doors at the main gear - in theory.
In practice the mechanism didnt worked ( reason for me unknown), so the K-4s were flown with tail wheel out, doors closed and the additional doors at the mainwheel were removed.

So if you want to build a K4, i would cut out the tail wheel door and glue them in a close position; for the mainwheel dont glue the additional doors, but dont forget to install the lever for the door in the gear bay.

greets

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back