Group builds.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to keep that in mind then, since I'm building one K-4 as well, thanks for the headsup Thomas....

Sounds good to me Terry....

Thanks Thomas, thought it might be something like that. Did the K sometimes have the tail wheel well faired over with aluminium plate, like the late G models?

Major Hartmann was not the only fighter pilot who flew the G-14. There were other aces, too. Maybe its ac is very interesting for the tulip scheme, but you have some images from the Reichsverteidigung ( Source : Jagdwaffe - Defending the Reich by Robert Forsyth, Classic Colour )

001.gif

002.gif

003.gif

greets
Thomas

Great shots and profiles Thomas...!

Here's a question for you....who's last radio transmission is this? "Theo. I have run out of ammunition. I'm going to ram this one. Good bye. We'll see each other in Valhalla....."

No idea, who was it, but you can enlighten me.

For now here second serie of G-14 ( Source : Götterdämmerung by Brett Green )

004.jpg

005.gif

006.gif

007.gif

008.gif

btw the Me 109 is not my favourite aicraft

greets Thomas

It's Heinrich Ehrlers last transmission over the Squadron Radio Network before he rammed a B17 bomber with his Me-262, killing himself and exploding both aircraft....would be an interesting machine to build, anyone knows his 262's number and the B-17 that he rammed?

Look at that! A #13, didn't notice that the first time...! :oops: Anyway, just found 13 III/JG EJG 2 and Heinz Bar, any idea what kind of 262 it was, an A1a or?

Still trying to decide which kit I will be buying. The Me 262 A1a seems like a likely candidate for me but I am not sure yet. I might also do the FW 190 A8.

Help comes by Request .

From Jerry Crabdalls "Doras of the galland Circus - Eagle Files No1 :

001-1.gif

002-1.gif

003-1.jpg

004-1.gif

005-1.gif

006-1.gif

007-1.gif

008-1.gif

009.gif

010.gif

011.gif

012.gif

012-1.gif

013.gif

Any Questions ?
I hope, i could help you a bit.

greets
Thomas

Thank you so very much Thomas, appreciated indeed! Reading that, the link that I posted earlier, made me a bit confused... Thanks for clearing it out! :thumbleft:

Red 13 is definitely 213240, Jan.

There was a time where the Japo guys thought differently about the W.Nr. and came up with an alternate hypothesis...they obviously did not have the detail that Jerry Crandall has to confirm the W.Nr.

Do you have the "corrected" decal set for Red 13 as the '13' on the starboard side is different to the port side?

I sure have Master Wayne, got the sheet from Eaglecals, which I'm gonna use...but, with the incorrect wing of Tamiya's Dora-9....hopefully there's a wing correct it somewhere out there...:lol:

What's everyone building? I still haven't decided yet, but will have to try to keep it simple as I rarely have time these days.

Thomas, do you (or anyone else) have any additional info on that Bf 109G-14/AS you posted in post 84, or of Fw 190D-9 W.nr 500570 Schwarze 12 of II/JG 6?

Cheers in advance,

Evan

Thought I'd throw this into the pot, see what you think.
I'm going to participate, or try to, as I'm doing a 1/72nd scale kit for the first time in over 25 years (what? with my knackered hands?!), but not 'compete'.
Unless it's against the rules/ethics of the forum, I'm prepared to put up two prizes, of sorts, as I think that this project is really good and worthwhile; it's bringing people together from across the World, doing what they enjoy, and, also recreating history, in a lighthearted, and educational, way.
I propose to provide an A4 print of one of my paintings, signed and with a Certificate of Authenticity, for the best OVERALL entry, in any 'category'. OK, so it'll be a print off my PC's printer, but should look reasonable if framed; nothing brilliant, but not too bad.
Also, for the model, or modeller, who, in the opinion of all who have entered, has shown the most promise/ingenuity/execution/finish/presentation/improvement etc (NOT a diorama!), from the 'less than expert' entrants, I will provide an original, still in the box, late 1960's 'Frog' 1/72nd scale Percival Proctor kit.
If this is allowable (mods confirm please?), what do you think? Opinions, comments and suggestions as to scoring etc welcomed.
Terry.

What's everyone building? I still haven't decided yet, but will have to try to keep it simple as I rarely have time these days.

Thomas, do you (or anyone else) have any additional info on that Bf 109G-14/AS you posted in post 84, or of Fw 190D-9 W.nr 500570 Schwarze 12 of II/JG 6?

Cheers in advance,

Evan

Probably won't find much more on White 4, Evan than what was presented....However there is plenty on BLUE 12 how much do you want.!..:D

Kick ass Terry, there would be no problem in doin what ur offering... Im kinda screwed on this build.... I have 2 1/48th scale Bf 109's... Both were gifts, one from Wayne and one from Bill....

They are the Acadamy G-14 and the Fujimi K-4 "Herz As", all JG77 rigs...

The only decal set up that might work for this would be the G-14 of Alfred Michael of 16/JG53 based in Halstoff France in Jan 1945.... I dont think this bird qualifies for Reich Defense...

Would a crate from JG77 qualify??? I dont have any other 1/48th scale decals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back