Group builds.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might not have been based in Germany, but it was still defending the Reich.
Let me know what you need in the way of 1/48th scale decals Dan, and I'll see if I can help out. I've got a reasonable selection, and probably wouldn't miss a couple.

OK mate, no probs. I'll have a look at all decals I have, and see if there might be a combination - a number here, a Geschwader zeichen there - sure you know what I mean. If there's anything in particular you want, for example a Red 6, or a black and white winkel or whatever, let me know. I'll get something posted over the Christmas hols, probably Boxing Day, then you can decide. An address, an envelope and stamp, and whizzo! It's in the mail!

Here you go Dan! First batch I've found of bits and pieces. There're are more stashed here and there, just got to find them! All of the following are 1/48th, except pics 3 and 5, which are supposedly 1/72nd, but overscale! Some would pass in 1/48th.
The last pic is the sheets from the Tamiya 'Dora' I've just bought, but you're welcome to anything apart from the crosses and the dedicated stencils on these !
I'll keep looking and see what else I can find.

Attachments

• DAN DEC.jpg
    DAN DEC.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DAN DEC 001.jpg
    DAN DEC 001.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DAN DEC 002.jpg
    DAN DEC 002.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DAN DEC 003.jpg
    DAN DEC 003.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 44
  • DAN DEC 004.jpg
    DAN DEC 004.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DAN DEC 005.jpg
    DAN DEC 005.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 43
I think its a great idea Terry and very good of you

Nice pics Tom!

I'm just gonna do my 109K-4 OOB ,can/does anyone see/know anything wrong with the decals or profiles?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 41
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 36
Found two you could go at.
Bf109G-14, 'Black 8', 5/JG2, Ettingshausen, December '44. It's got an 'Erla' canopy, plain black '8' (I've got that somewhere!), and spiral on spinner. Heavy top colours at front, to rear of cockpit, 'grey' fuselage crosses, heavy mottle. (got the crosses).
Next, Bf109K-4, 'White 1', 9/JG77, Neuruppin, November '44. If you aint got the JG badge, there's a red heart on one of the sheets shown that would fit into the diamond. Wk Nr was 330204, on bottom of RUDDER. This was later 'White 13' (probably) at time of Beodenplatte, with the Defence band added then. I've got the correct figure '1' you could use.
I'll look up some other possibilities and post after the main hols. Thinking JG27, JG4 and JG5, possibly more.
EDIT; just seen Daniels post. It's reminded me of the profile I've been working on for him, JG26 Bf109K-4, and another I've started. I'll check those out too!

at the moment i'm looking at my 1/72 fw190 A8 black 5 of JG/54 but i might try and get somthing in 1/48 after i'm done working on the christmas and new year parties.

great idea on the "prizes" terry and very generous of you

I second that...fantastic idea brother Terry...! :salute:
Don't know much about "my" ride in this build, can only see that the K-4 is a 15./JG53 bird....possibly based in Echterdingen or?

JV44's 13 is slightly more known though.... :lol:

I'm in!

I have a Fw190D-9 of JG26 from hasegawa that I can do for this build. I have included the masking and painting sheet as well, just to make sure if the scheme for this bird is correct. Also, if anyone has any more information or pics on this particular bird, it would be very much appreciated

Attachments

• fw190d-9 2.jpg
    fw190d-9 2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 51
Roaming, ur decals are cracked to hell and gone man...

Terry, the K-4 I have has the decals for 5 109's from JG77... White 1, 2 and 17, as well as Yellow 8 and Red 2... Its more of a question on whether or not these decal sets qualify for the Reichsverteidigung build.... The G-14 decal for 16/JG53 in Halstoff France 1945 shows Blue 2...

Any advice or do Terry and I need to come up with something??? Do any of these qualify for the build??

Roaming, ur decals are cracked to hell and gone man...

Terry, the K-4 I have has the decals for 5 109's from JG77... White 1, 2 and 17, as well as Yellow 8 and Red 2... Its more of a question on whether or not these decal sets qualify for the Reichsverteidigung build.... The G-14 decal for 16/JG53 in Halstoff France 1945 shows Blue 2...

Any advice or do Terry and I need to come up with something??? Do any of these qualify for the build??

Course they qualify don't have to have the bands.....all are defending the Reich.....will also check JG300 book to see if there is a close equivalent using the decals you have....seeing you mentioned it earlier....:D

I agree with Wayne. Although a unit might not have been, physically, part of the Home Defence COMMAND, being, for example based in France, their job was still to intercept and destroy allied aircraft attacking the REICH. OK, we take that as mainland Germany which, strictly speaking, it is. But, as all of the conquered/occupied territories were considered part of the 'Reich', then, if an attack on a target in say, Czecheslovakia was intercepted, then it would still be 'Defence of the Reich'!
Bottom line is, any Luftwaffe aircraft involved in interception of Allied bombers/fighter bombers/fighters from 1943 were defending the Reich. What you've got in decals should cover things, but if you think you still need something, let me know.
Hope you and your's have a great Christmas.
Terry.

Probably won't find much more on White 4, Evan than what was presented....However there is plenty on BLUE 12 how much do you want.!..:D

G'day Wayne!

Mate, if you can, give me the works! I want her to look the part, atleast as much as my ability allows. ..And 'BLUE' 12? So she's not 'black 12' as mine and other decals I've seen would suggest ?

I'd love too the updated info you mentioned on Fw 190D-11 Chevron 61 (W.nr.350158 ) if you have the time.

Thanks mate!

Evan

G'day Wayne!

Mate, if you can, give me the works! I want her to look the part, atleast as much as my ability allows. ..And 'BLUE' 12? So she's not 'black 12' as mine and other decals I've seen would suggest ?

I'd love too the updated info you mentioned on Fw 190D-11 Chevron 61 (W.nr.350158 ) if you have the time.

Thanks mate!

Evan

This information is what I can remember sitting in my bed at 3 am from the Eagle Editions decal sheet I have.

They originally thought it was Black 12, but it has been changed to Blue 12 as the numbers compared to the crosses on the plane, are lighter. Not by much, but they are. It appears as though the numbers are still darker than the standard RLM Blue, so it is thought that it was originally a Black 12, but the black was painted over with the blue, thus making it darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back