H.P. Halifax B.MkIII Dedication. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much indeed chaps, glad you like it. I'm considering doing it all over again - in 1/48th scale! If I can find the space to display it, I might do a similar diorama, using the Sanger 1/48th vac-form Halifax MkIII kit - but it'll be some time before i can even plan anything, let alone build it !

Well, it's all your fault, with this Halifax build, that I've got a slight 1/72 Airfix/Matchbox Revival, nostalgia trip here!
The Stirling, Hampden, He 177....
As an apology, I think that you should buy one of those Hippocroccofrogs a jolly good drink, or better still invite one over for one!! :lol:

And you know what you can do with that idea - bl**dy muppet !
BTW old boy, Sanger also do 1/48th scale Stirling, Whitley, Hampden, Hudson, and the three types of Shackleton, plus numerous other types, all at very reasonable prices. If my hands allow me to build a vac-form (haven't done one for around 30 to 35 years!), then it's possible a whole new world of models could be open to me ....

I know what you mean, but with well-produced kits, in theory, it's only a touch more complex than building a tricky injection moulded kit that lacks location pins on the main parts. Of course, not having done one for so long, and with my knackered hands, a 'touch more tricky' could now be translated as "****ing impossible" !
Only one way to find out I suppose, and of course it'll be an on-going project, just to build the thing, never mind detail it, but there's no rush, so worth a go I think.

Do you know how long its taken me to go through the entire length of this thread?
Yes a shocking 30 minutes of reading! Next time I won't stay away as long!

Ian.

I agree Ian (...and welcome back!)! Terry's amazed me once again with his quality and talant as a modeller! It is in fact his and this threads fault, that I've got a bit of Airfix and 1/72 craze at the moment, using beer money to get their Halifax, Lancaster B.I, Heinkel He 177, Hampden, Stirling (all from the mid '70s!), looking to get their B-29 and try their Blenheim together with Frogs...and Matchbox' Halifax!

All of a sudden, things comes back from my childhood, things that I've shouldn't have done... :lol:

Again old boy, splendid work! :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back