Massive 8.9 quake rocks Japan

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not exactly unexpected, but some European Union type is claiming that Global Warming is at fault for the quake. Probably doesn't know the difference between a subduction zone and seduction prone.:p

I've been hearing all sorts of stuff like that too, Old Wizard...including the "super moon" theory...

The one thing that the "global warming" people are missing though, is that Mother Nature has been doing stuff like this for as long as there's been a terra firma, and will most likely continue doing so long after we're all gone...

Once I said "I was born in Sendai." or "I'm from Sendai.", every Osaka people asks me "How is your family?" or "What is going on there in fact?" giving me no time to breathe one after another forgetting his/her own business. This time, I have decided to pretend "I was born in Osaka!".

By the way, I recommend all nations in the world not to rely on the nuclear technologies anymore if possible.
Remember earthquake is not the sole factor to cause disaster. There is always chance of accident by human error, deliberate act of sabotage or war.
Once occured, they are easily out of human control.

Following No.1 reactor of Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant, the building of reactor No.3 is also said in danger of hydrogen explosion now.

No.1 seems stabled after filling the seawater.

Last edited:
Good that they have #1 stabilized, but it's a shame that it is most likely unusable again because of them using seawater. But I fully understand needing to get it cooled off. Nuclear power is one of those things that is a double edged sword. It is good, clean energy when things are running smoothly, but extremely dangerous when things go wrong (Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, Fukushima). The bad thing is that there are few alternatives out there.

I have read that there are about six reactors with cooling issues. I hope they can get them all under control. I think the Japanese have suffered enough with the double-whammy of the quake and the tsunami. The last thing they need is a nuclear disaster on top of that.

This looks 10 times + worst than Katrina so I understand and feel for the people of the affected areas.It will be a tough slog from here on out "Good Luck" sincerely.

They are reporting now that two different Nuclear Power plants all together are now starting to cause problems as well. This is could really turn ugly.

Last edited:
...and now one of the japanese volcanoes - Shinmoedake - have erupted, too, prolly due to the seismic activity.
Damn, the japanese people don't deserve all this!
If only prayers were enough!

Last edited:
Dang. Volcanoes, too? If a rather large, green lizard shows up, I honestly won't be surprised. Y'all stay safe, Shinpachi/PPoopsie, my prayers go out to everyone involved.

One disaster after another! Lord, give them a break.
On a sobering note: the Cascadia Subduction Zone in the Pacific Northwest has generated monster quakes and huge tsunamis in its history as well.:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back